Iceman IC400 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman IC400

Oh man, where do I begin? This thing sounds absolutely amazing. The mohogany gives it such a mellow sound. I play anything from metal, to punk, to jazz, and everything else in between. This guitar soars in all those genres. The stock pickups were actually pretty good for being stock pickups (if you can understand that). But I still wanted more, so I put an SH-6 Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Gibson Burstbucker pro in the neck. Every note I play sounds like it comes straight from heaven. I play through a Roland Cube 60 which makes it sound even better.

I play anything from metal, to punk, to jazz, and everything else in between. Perfect match. I've been playing for about 4 years. I also own a Fender standard HSS Stratocaster, a Gibson standard SG (no, I'm not rich. I won it in a contest thingie), a shitty starter Fender "Startcaster" (first electric), and a Squier acoustic (first guitar). If it was lost or stolen I'd probably save up for something else like an Ibanez Prestige or something. My favorite thing about it is the classic Iceman shape.

This guitar will definatly withstand Live playing. The hardware and strap buttons WILL last for a looong time (unless your a dumbass). Personally, I wouldn't use any guitar at a gig without a backup. You never know what's gonna happen. Excellent black finish and beautiful cream binding.

I had to do some adjusting. Including action and intonation. I wasn't to good with pickup adjusting in the past, so this time I got a pro to do it. The finish can be prone to fingerprints and the such. But none of that is really a big deal to me. Other than that, no flaws.

SnowMan1
    Pingis_Or_Death wrote: This guitar seems good...I dont like System of a shite though
    F**k you
    TmeTal
    Rockstar_jones is an idiot and a stupid little kid. he has no idea what he is talking about cuz he is only 14. he doesnt even deserve to own a guitar that nice when he hasnt even played for a year. why dont u just go to walmart and pick urself up a First Act or one of those other little kid beginner guitars, play for another year or two, then tell me about the iceman
    skinar
    icemans are soooo nice to play. i have and ixc120. nothing compared to this... but it is soooo nice to play. obviously one of the best guitars ever created
    rurouni_aoshi
    OMG I played this at a store and I loved it! The only problem was that I couldn't afford it at $500-$700 Your guitar probably has a buzz because the little black thing at the top of your fretboard (If you understand what I mean) may be too low and the string will rub againest the frets. That's what my guitar's doing so I'm taking it in soon to get it fixed.
    Nemesis260
    The Red Menace
    I've b33n playing one of these for nearly 2 years now. It's lasted and taken a hell of a lot of punishment, it's deals the g00ds when it comes to performances and is great to just sit down and play. Altogether i really g00d guitar, especially for your 2nd (like mine is), Felt so g00d to finally be able to stop taking my Squire Strat to band practice lol. But s00n i'm gonna grab myself an S520EX cause i want one haha
    Tokit-Smokit
    Like soad ,along with my icx220dx but this is better are the rumors true is this easier to play Ps i read rumours
    MadLordWinder
    This is one of the guitars I'm eyeing, its a cool guitar, looks and plays nice. And Matt Bellamy played one for a while, which is also good, seeing as he is my only hero. Don't get me wrong, System's a great band, but Matthew Bellamy from Muse is more talented even than SOAD's guitars, and to add to it, he sings at the same time (amaizing singer too), and he plays piano. And he does crazy tricks playing live and stuff, and still manages to sound as good (or better?) live than he does in the studio. There's a reason they're my favorite band...
    Glassprison_31
    thecameronator wrote: i prefer the ic 300 but this one has a better body shape...
    why would u like the IC300 this is basically a better version of the IC300
    iceman817
    this is a great guitar the action works very well and it has a great heavy metal sound. i suggest putting slink heavy tops on it for an even better metal sound
    MyIronLung
    I own this beautiful guitar, and I just love it. Paul Stanley from kiss inspired me to get this amazing work of art. I wil eventually put a dimebucker in the bridge to give it more crunch when I play live, but for now it sounds great.
    horandago
    Nemesis260 wrote: I love this guitar. The only thing wrong with mine is that it still has a little fret buzz even at higher action
    yeah, i know what u mean. but its a metal type guitar, so if there is distortion then u cant hear it.