Iceman ICT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICT700

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play heavy metal & punk. I play Slayer, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Metallica, System Of A Down, Rage Against The Machine, Soundgarden, Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses, etc. I use a Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt amp, and it sounds great with the guitar. As for the guitar's sound, it is very powerful even though it has passive pickups. The bridge pickup is great for solos/shredding, and the bridge pickup is massive and not muddy at all. It sounds great clean or distorted. Pinch harmonics are very easy to make on this guitar once you figure out what angle to hit the strings at.

I play heavy metal, this guitar is a perfect match for it. I've been playing a year now, and I own an Epiphone G400. The Iceman blows it away so much that I don't even want to see the Epiphone anymore. If it were stolen, I would buy it again. I love the body shape the most. It is one of a kind. I hate the cheap trim, and the scratches on the fingerboard. My favorite feature is the shape and the pickups. I wish it came with a pickguard.

I have not played this guitar Live, but I am sure it can withstand Live playing. The hardware seems like it will last. The strap buttons look very cheap. Look and feel like plastic, which isn't good. I can depend on this guitar, but I would never only bring 1 guitar to a gig. The body's finish is good enough to last, but it does scratch easily, and fingerprints show easily. The trim seems it will peel off easy over time. that's the biggest flaw.

The guitar was set up well at the store, but the strings were horrible. The action was fine. The pickups were a little low. The fingerboard on my guitar has some scratches and the edges of the guitar (white trim) seems very cheap. The trim at the top peels off easily. I got mine in the Black finish, it is very shiny.

The evolution of the Iceman, one of the most iconic rock guitars ever, continues. The ICT700 guitar has a reverse headstock, DiMarzio D Activator pickups and a 5-piece Wizard II thru-neck, making this Iceman the most chilling yet.