Iceman ICT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICT700

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

My style is mostly metal and hard rock, thrash metal like Metallica, Slayer and things. I use it through a chorus pedal and a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp. It is quite noisy, mostly the amp, it's very loud. I have it on the insane setting all the time though, which is high gain and heavy distortion. The distorted sound is metalliawesome, the clean sound is very rich and beautiful. It has a very big sound variety, I can go Kirk Hammett to Tom Morello to Slash to Herman Li by snapping my fingers.

I play thrash metal, and with this guitar and amp, it matches it perfectly. I have been playing a year and I have two Fender acoustics and an Ibanez Gio, my first electric guitar, still crappy but sounds good. I have a stoney amp and a chorus pedal also. No I didn't wish I had asked anything, it's perfect. If it was stolen, yes I would, then again it wouldn't because I live in Hong Kong, not much crime here. I compared it with an X-Plorer, Epiphone Les Paul Beauty, and an Ibanez RXG 350EX-BK, which also played beautifully but I am very inventive with my sound and this combo was more suited to what I do.

It will definitely withstand Live playing, strings attached nice and firm, body and everything is strong. Strap buttons, solid, my strap has detached once, but the buttons themselves are strong. Whether I would play it without a backup. You also need a backup, in my opinion you can't actually rely on anything to not break. The finish is very good, it's white and can get dirty easy but doesn't come off, have cleaned it a few times.

The action is very very good, very good guitar for fast metal and speed metal. This guitar is built very well. Properly adjusted pickups and routed bridge for beautiful no questions asked sound. No Flaws. Beautiful and perfect guitar. It is very strong and the strings will withstand anything practically.

It was made last year 2007, made in Indonesia. 24 Frets, Jumbo. Solid top. Pure white finish. Iceman body style, ofcourse. Tune-O-Matic bridge, very active electronics. 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way selector switch. Dual humbuckers. Non-locking tuners. Hard case with Ibanez logo comes with.

inefficiency
    [quote=KanelsRaw13]Ibanez really ruined the Iceman series with this piece of ****. All they did was cut out the iceman body and throw a RG neck on it. And they took away the 4 knob set up, WTF is up with that. [/quote] AND made it thru-neck, string-thru, white and gave it dimarzio pups and a reverse headstock. All awesome changes if you ask me.
    KaneIsRaw13
    1234roygbiv
    I want to get one of these...but the dude at the music shop said that its not the greatest guitar but hed order one for me to try out...i was woundering wt amp would be best and wut size strings...i ply rock..SOAD...ACDC that kinda stuff...thx =)
    Anjohl
    An iceman trumps any epiphone by DEFAULT. American made, good pickups (There isn't an epiphone under $1000 with decent pickups in it), and super versatility, along with a classic lineage. Game, set, match.
    Ali-b912
    Alright, just to clarify, are they made in Japan, Korea, Indonesia or the USA. As far as I know only lower end models are made in Indonesia, and im pretty sure ibanez dont make guitars in the USA. I'd geuss Korea, but im not sure...
    StanwoodSpartan
    i agree with you inefficiency its just not the same im so glad i have a Iceman IC200 and not this bull