Iceman ICT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICT700

Wow, I am truely amazed. When I play this beauty through my Line 6 Spider II 30 Watt amplifier I have absolutely no buzz what so ever. The DiMarzio pickups are very high quality and get the job done. The bridge pickup has a very punchy tone and the neck pickup has a full but not muddy sound. Both pickups pick up harmonics very well. The clean setting sounds bright, but not too bright, on the bridge and a well rounded jazzy/bluesy sound when both pickups or the neck pickup is active.

I play mainly rock/alternative to hard rock/metal and this guitar sure does fit those catagories. The body is beautiful. The most unique guitar I have owned and laid eyes on. I would recommend this guitar to anybody who wants an exotic guitar and loves rock to metal music.

I would trust this guitar for live playing and I might even trust it enough for a single guitar gig. I have had no problems with tunings. I play with 10 gauge strings and I mainly play in Standard e or e flat tunings. I rarely put my guitar in any drop tuning lower than drop d (besides for e flat) so I can't tell you how well it would up to anything below drop d. I believe I dropped it to c once to play a soad song and it seemed to hold tuning well. I remember it very vaguely so I can't give you much insight.

I ordered my guitar directly from the Guitar Center website and when I received it there was fret buzz on the first fret but I am too lazy to get it fixed. No need to adjust anything else on mine. Everything fit my standards. The finish is nice and strong. No scratches, yet.

Not sure where it was made, but I believe it was made in either 2007 or 2008. It has a wizard II neck that features 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard, a reversed headstock, and reversed shark tooth fret inlays. Mine has a white finish and black binding with black hardware. This guitars hardware features a string through body and tune o-matic bridge, two DiMarzio D activators pickups, and two stable black strap knobs, one volume and one tone with a 3-way pickup selector and non-locking, but very durable, tuners. The body is light and has a contour on the back.

SupermanIsDead
    StanwoodSpartan wrote: i agree with you inefficiency its just not the same im so glad i have a Iceman IC200 and not this bull
    wtf do you mean man? of course it's not the same with your IC200 crap. ICT700 is whole lot better. nec-thru, string-thru, Dimarzio D activators pups, reverse headstock. massive improvements. try to be more objective in judging something will you.
    A Bad Guitarist
    geluidsterroris wrote: I want epiphone les paul.
    The coffee men are restless, ganoosh, ganoosh! Randomness FTW.
    appletice
    McMullen20 wrote: im getting one of these for my birthday either this or a xiphos... which one should i get? i love the iceman design but the xiphos has better reviews... is the ict700 really that crappy? is it atleast better than my RG370DX?
    the xiphos is possibly the ugliest guitar shape i've ever seen
    StanwoodSpartan
    SupermanIsDead... im saying that ibanez ruined the reputation of this guitar by changing it from its classic look to something off of tradition the ic400 was the best iceman IMO I wish they would make a iceman with sunburst finish or a different finish or mirror finish,(like my ic200) with seymour duncan sh-6 or sh-4 at bridge and sh-2 or sh-6 at neck(like my iceman) with 2 vol/tone knobs, same type headstock, 22 frets (like all icemans), same rosewood fretboard as the old models, same mahogany body as old models, gold hardware (tailpeice, tuners, screws) would be kool (like on the ibanez jems), maybe a killswitch, always be stopbar/tailpiece stringing.
    SupermanIsDead
    KaneIsRaw13 wrote: Ibanez really ruined the Iceman series with this piece of ****. All they did was cut out the iceman body and throw a RG neck on it. And they took away the 4 knob set up, WTF is up with that.
    WTF is up with you bitch? that's the right question.
    1337kamikaze
    I just ordered my ICT-700, the only thing I wish it had was the old headstock, but reverse is fine I guess. I got it for $500 so, pretty good deal imo.
    Iceman2236
    i want one of these more than anything... ever scince i first looked at the ic200, ive craved one... ive never touched one, and guitar center no longer carries them. does anyone have any ideas on where to go to try one so i can seal the deal with my stupid parents? if so pm or reply, thanks.
    StanwoodSpartan
    they should also fix where they put the strap locks. the strap locks on my ic200 and ic400, makes all the weight of the guitar go to the left, so you have to always be holding the guitar up.
    McMullen20
    Danizgod
    i have it, i will review it, but i mine as well say it is amazing, you honestly have to play one to know what it feels like, ill try to sum it up for you, it feels like jessica alba jacking you off and it sounds like god playing a violin buy it, i know they are discontinued, but find one