Iceman ICT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICT700

It is amazing for metal, and with the right settings it pretty much plays anything, I play on a Vox Valvetronics amp, which is a model amp, and when I play on a cleaner sounding amp, it still has great tone. Honestly this guitar sounds great no matter what setting your amp is on, any style of music can be played on this, but specifically hard rock and metal, because of the thru, slidy neck, it's so easy to play fast.

I play metal and hard rock, and this is perfect. I've been playing this guitar only for about two weeks, and it hasn't gotten old yet =], but I have been playing on and off for about 2 years, but the last year, I have been playing a lot, the only thing I wanted different at first was the white finish instead of the black finish, but I'm not complaining, I even am starting to like the black finish more because of this creamy outline it has around the entire guitar and neck. I love the neck, that is my favorite, the thing I hate is that it always pulls to the left, not a major problem, I love how heavy it is too, it makes you feel like you holding a guitar, not a cardboard cutout, like when I play a Gibson SG or an LTD, it also gives the guitar this Baritone like sound, Honestly I got it because I'm a Daron Malakian fan boy, and I don't regret it, it's an amazing guitar, at an amazing price, it is comparable to a Gibson. If it got stolen, I would kill whoever did it, no questions asked, I don't even care if it's Daron malakian himself.

This guitar will definitely withstand Live playing, no dought, I would even bring it as a single guitar for a gig, the hardware is solid, the finish seams fine to me, not wearing easily the strap buttons have strap locks on them that make it seem like they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and the paint hasn't chipped yet, only it is easy to get noticeable fingerprints all over it, but that is because of the glossy black, and those Who choose the color know the consequences.

There were no flaws when I received this guitar, but I couldn't tell you about the factory default strap buttons because I put strap locks on right away and I haven't had a problem with it yet. Like I stated earlier, it was made in Indonesia, which is infamous for cheap paint and terrible finishes around where the neck and body meet, but I am examining the entire guitar right now and I see no paint flaws.

The Iceman ICT700, made in 08, in Indonesia (=[), with 24 frets. It has a glossy black finish, I believe it's maple wood, it's a cutaway with the Iceman body (how ironic)with a neck thru body and a string thru bridge, the Dimarrizo pickups are passive, they sound like active ones though, without the hassle.There is one volume and tone knob with a three way selector. Neck and bridge Dimarrizo pick ups with non locking tuners. It came with a hard shell case, a generic one though that didn't have the specific case for the unique body, which is why I gave it a 9, it fits weird in the case.

AngryGoldfish
    Why do so many people review guitars of pedals whilst playing them through amps like Line6 Spider III's? I've just noticed that. It's not necessarily just with this reviewers page, but people seem to get over excited for an amp that's only mediocre. Just my opinion.
    HammettFTW
    McMullen20
    HammettFTW wrote: is it just me or has the ICT700 doubled in price in the last 2-3 months or so? i've looked everywhere and i just cant find it for anywhere near $650, although i have seen it for GBP650.
    yeah its up to like 850 and rising.
    neptune1988
    I really want one. I'm gonna try one through a Vox AC30. i'm also gonna try the DTT-700 Explorer.
    McShredder
    Scorn band
    Does this guitar keep the tuning? I'm not going to buy a guitar wich is like that guitar i got no! I have to tune it at least 1 time a day!
    IbanezIceman09
    McShredder wrote: Gah. Yet another review where all the authors have Spider 2s or 3s. They're terrible amps and just can't help you write a review on the guitars tone. Also, i don't trust anyone who thinks the Spider amps are good. So yet another line of reviews that are worthless lols.
    I actually just bought the ICT700. I do play on a Spider lll LoL....but....at the music store where I bought the Iceman I tested it on a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212. One word.....amazing. I ran through some riffs using standard tuning, drop D and drop C and immediately bought it. This guitar is a beast for $699. I cannot put this guitar down now.The Iceman ICT700 is well worth the money. Now to buy the Hot Rod Amp.....