Iceman ICT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICT700

Price paid: C$ 800

I play mostly metal with a dab of rock and punk and this guitar is perfect for those styles. This guitar is actually pretty versatile (unlike my MTM1). I am playing this guitar through a Slash signature wah and a metal master distortion pedal. The amps I use are a Fender metalhead and a Marshall MG 100 HDFX and this guitar sounds great through both of them. There isn't much excess noise or feedback so you could probably get away without a noise gate at some smaller shows. God I love the pickups in this guitar! Perfect for metal!

I have an Ibanez MTM 1 and an Ibanez Iceman IC200 and I personally enjoy this one way more than those two. Even though this guitar was made in Indonesia instead of Japan like some more expensive Ibanez's I am very impressed with how it looks, plays, and sounds. If it were lost or stolen I would buy the same guitar without hesitation.

I have actually dropped this guitar a few times by accident but i havent even seen a flake of paint come off of it. This guitar seems very sturdy and i would definitaly use it Live. There are no pops or buzzes when using the pickup selector Switch or using the knobs. The strap pegs are metal but the strap can fall off easily. I wear a metal watch on my right hand while playing my guitar (which is stupid I know) and I havent been able to rub through the finish yet so it seems thick enough.

The guitar was set up well at the factory, but the first string buzzed at the twelfth but a quick action adjustment did the trick. The pickups weren't too high or low from the strings which was good. There are no flaws that I can see or hear with this guitar and I've had it for almost a year now.

This guitar was made in Indonesia and was purchased in 2009. It has 24 frets with sharktooth inlays (that's what they're called right?) which look very nice. solid top body painted black with white trim. The paint shows pick scratches and such which is inherent with any guitar without a pick guard. Fixed bridge with thru body stringholes which help with sustain. Three way pickup selector tone knob and volume knob. DiMarzio activator pickups which although are not active they sure sound like it. They are perfect for pinch harmonics and metal.

BigZman95
    Where the hell did you all get one for $500 or $650? Sam Ash's website and store says they're $799!!! If they were $500 I woulda bought one!