Iceman ICT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICT700

I play a wide range of styles, from jazz right through to chugging metal. Currently I've got the Iceman running through a DigiTech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp. When played clean, the guitar is surprisingly full and rich, giving wonderful sustain and beautiful response. Add in a little reverb, switch to the neck pickup and enjoy some smooth blues lines; play dry on the bridge and a snappy tone jumps from underneath your fingers. But enough about the cleans. By looking at the shape, you know this guitar is all about rock! And it delivers rock and metal tones in spades. With my Hardwire pedal engaged, the tones are second to none, really. You would honestly never think the D-Activators are passive, such are their ferocity and bite. I can get everything from a rich solo tone to a blistering rhythm attack with this guitar. Absolutely nothing bad to say about this guitar in terms of sound; a 10 in this category as well.

I play everything from Jack Johnson to Megadeth, and I can get any tone I like out of the Iceman. I've been playing for just over three years now, and this is definitely the best guitar I've owned (not as good as it seems; my last setup was a Squier Strat into a Line 6 Spider III). If it were stolen or lost, I would hunt down and retrieve it, whatever the cost! The best things about it are the wonderful pickups and the incredible neck, and of course the cool shape. I wish I'd got it in white, though, as I love white guitars! This guitar has got to get full marks overall. Highly recommended.

This guitar seems like a great workhorse, something I can really depend on. Strapped on, it balances a treat and the strap buttons are in no danger of falling off. Everything seems durable so far, but I'm giving this category a 9 because the aforementioned painted-on binding looks like it will rub off eventually.

Overall, the guitar was great when it came out of the box. My model is black with a white binding around the body, but upon closer inspection I discovered the binding was in fact just paint, which was disappointing. Also, the action straight out of the box was just a touch too low, and quite buzzy, but I've had it five months now and it sorted itself out within two or three days, so that wasn't a major problem. All the hardware was nicely set up; the bridge was great, the tuners were fine. I'll give this a 9 because of the binding and the out-of-the-box action (although it seems a little harsh!)

The ICT700 is the new Iceman model from Ibanez. It's a 24 fret metal monster, with the speedy Wizard II neck for shredding on, a mahogany body, reverse headstock, and best of all, two DiMarzio D-Activator pickups. Yes please! My guitar came ready strung in a well built Ibanez hard case with a free cable. Can't think of much else to say here... I'm giving this a 10 because it does just what it says on the tin really.

Attercop
    SupermanIsDead wrote: wtf do you mean man? of course it's not the same with your IC200 crap. ICT700 is whole lot better. nec-thru, string-thru, Dimarzio D activators pups, reverse headstock. massive improvements. try to be more objective in judging something will you.
    Exactly! The reverse headstock has got to be worth half the price alone.
    GenerationKILL
    McShredder wrote: Gah. Yet another review where all the authors have Spider 2s or 3s. They're terrible amps and just can't help you write a review on the guitars tone. Also, i don't trust anyone who thinks the Spider amps are good. So yet another line of reviews that are worthless lols.
    THANK YOU. I made the mistake of getting one and it SUCKS, those amps aren't ment for doing anything but ****ing around in your bedroom, they get SO LOST in the mix its terrible! I need to get a good tube amp! DO NOT BUY A LINE 6, PERIOD.
    Scorn band
    I just got my brand new white Ibanez ICT700 and it is surely a beauty to look at AND it's FUCKIN' AWSOME to play! I got it from eBay for about 870$, I belief. This is one of If you're looking for a beauty which is really good to play and do not cost all your money, GO FOR THIS!
    TheAbsentOne
    I just played one of these today, my first time ever playing an Iceman. I gotta say, I LOVED it. I've always wanted one because I love it's looks, and today I finally found a used one at a Daddy's Junky Music and played with it for awhile. I am extremely impressed. I am now GASing for this.
    Timo9500
    Danizgod wrote: i have it, i will review it, but i mine as well say it is amazing, you honestly have to play one to know what it feels like, ill try to sum it up for you, it feels like jessica alba jacking you off and it sounds like god playing a violin buy it, i know they are discontinued, but find one
    +1546516846674296