Iceman ICX220 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICX220

This axe is great for metal, I can get a nice sharp sound out of it and I can get a good fat sound from it too. Pinch harmonics are very easy to play on it and they sound great. It works pretty well for tapping too. I play it through my Danelectro Fab Metal distortion and my Cube-15 (this guitar is the most expensive piece of equipment I own, as you can see).

I play metal and a bit of blues (but not on this thing), the ICX220 works perfectly for metal. Before I had this I had a Epiphone SG Junior, so as you can see this is a big step up. What I love about this thing is the fact that it has 24 frets I just love having a full 2-octaves on each string. What I don't like though is the finish and how easily it scratches. If lost or stolen I would probably save up for an IC400 (which is what I'm planning on moving up to).

The action wasn't perfect when I got it, I had to adjust the treble end. The pickups were adjusted well but, one of the height adjustment screws on the bridge pickup has come out and needs to be put back in. Other than that it came to me in fine condition.

The ICX Iceman is a more modern and compact version of the Ibanez classic Iceman style rock and roll axe. There's no mistaking the Iceman for any other guitar. Definitely not in sight and certainly not in sound. Nothing says or plays rock and roll like the Iceman. It features the classic 24.75 in. neck, which lends itself to strong rhythm and leads. The bolt on All Access neck joint allows easy access to the upper frets typically associated with set-in and neck thru joints. Basswood is a comparatively lightweight wood, which makes it very comfortable for extended playing. With a good balance of highs and lows, basswood is right in between alder and mahogany in sound character. - X neck - 3pc. maple neck material - Basswood body - 24 large frets - Bound Rosewood Finger Board - BR-EG bridge - IBZ INF3 (H) Neck Pu - IBZ INF4 (H) Bridge Pu - Pearl Dot Inlay.