Iceman ICX220 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman ICX220

Like I said I play punk. It suits it well, I currently play thru a 20w JCA20H tube head and either a Marshall 4x10 cab or Fender 4x12 keyboard cab. I used to use a Marshall MG100HDFX (which is where I got the 410 cab) 'til it took a shit on me, but the guitar has sounded good thru any amp I've ever played it on with the exception of this little Mega 5w a mp haha. I have had problems with the input jack, but I'm sure that's my fault, not the guitars, and when I resoldered it together maybe that messed with the sound? Cos when I plug into an amp and turn it up loud, I get hella feedback! Could be the cable, but I'm not sure. I like playing thru the bridge pickup cos its very bright and handles all the distortion you need. The neck pickup is nice too, especially for clean. Handles effects well I suppose, but I only use them if I'm just screwin round.

Like I said before, this guitar is my favorite guitar, even over my ESP! I've been playing almost 10 years, but I'm not really that good, although I have lots of experience... I just got into tube amps, and the futures looking bright to me so far so I guess if I got it stolen or lost I'd just get like a Les Paul Copy or some shit, but if it gets lost or stolen and I already have a nice collection of guitars, I'd get this one again if I could find it.

I've dropped this damn thing God knows how many times! Partly due to the top strap pin being in the back of the guitar, which does suck, but once you get your strap on right (hehe) it doesn't pose a very big problem anymore. Hardware is longlasting... I've had this guitar for close to 10 years playing in bands the entire time at shows and the only really big problem is my tone knob is loose, but I don't use it haha.

Action is nice, could be a tad lower but oh well, its gets the job done, very well. The finish chips well and scratches easily haha as said before, but I don't care too much for that; I like character. Plus nothing a bunch of stickers can't fix. The guitar didn't have any flaws when I bought it, they all occurred after I started playing it.

- no idea where its made probably some Asian country - 24 frets - basswood - black and shiny... Like the picture - hardtail tune-o-matic I believe, probably I knock-off version tho - 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way switch - 2 humbuckers; neck-INF3/bridge-INF4 I really like this guitar, very simple, very nice tonal capabilities. I play hardcore punk rock (the real kind) and a bit of thrash and GnR style rock n roll. I only give it a 9 cos no tremolo bridge, but that's not why I bought this guitar... In fact I own an LTD KH-202 and I prefer my ICX, and the LTD has a floyd.

alexander.young
    I love this guitar, I have had it for 3 years and all the comments have been good from my friends Etc. I don't have any problems with it!
    Hawklord7
    Its a sweet little ax, sounds alright, plays alright, like the style, its a nice addition so that I don't have to take out a thousand dollar guitar when I go out to jam with friends, Its lighter than most of my guitars, a bit neck heavy but can deal with that, makes it very suitable for a guitar to grab and play when around the house or anywhere else