Iceman X review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman X

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

The double humbuckers are really pushed to the limit on this axe. It sounds absolutely amazing, especially if it's Drop C tuned like I've done to mine, it's pefect for heavy metal whether it be quite light or full on extreme death metal.

I was surprised that this guitar was so good. At first, to me, it was just another guitar and I only brought it because of the shape and some reviews I had heard, when I first palyed it I was blown away by the lovely crisp sound of the powerhosue pickups. Definately recommend it to all players who love thrash/heavy metal.

The guitar, would definately withstand a battering or two, however I intend to take good care of my lovely ICX for a few more years before I start smacking it about. If it's well looked after it'll last you a very long time. Strap buttons are 100% solid no movement whatsover, again praise goes Ibanez as this can become a problem in other guitars, the only problem is the awkward positioning but this is easy to get used to.

The action was set how I like it, low. I haven't had any problems with the pickups so far, Ibanez did a really good job at fitting this guitar. The body is that of the original Iceman IC100, only this time tad smaller. But the neck is just aslong. The body is infact alot better (in my opinion than the IC100) as Ibanez have designed it so that the critical weight difference in the top and bottom of the guitar is kept minimal (if you've played any other iceman you'll know what I mean.) The original Iceman was at first a bastard to play standing up. The lovely black basswood body is gloss finish and can be easily polished, no marks.

- 22 large frets - Very solid and very light basswood body - Has a very nice gloss effect and an extremely unique shape - 2 Ibanez Powerhouse humbuckers - Ibanez X series neck - Iceman IC100 body