Iceman X review by Ibanez

Ibanez: Iceman X

Purchased from: Music Makers

It works great for metal, I use my Cube 15 on the metal stack setting with it. I get no fuzz from the amp at all but if I turn it up to much I get a lot of feedback, but this maybe due to my super short cord. This thing works great for Pinch harmonics.

This is a great match for my style of music, I've been playing for a little over a year, if it were stolen or lost I would either replace it or buy a higher end iceman. I love the strings it came with, they're the perfect gauge for me.

The finish doesn't look like it would wear off easily but it does scratch easily. The strap button is located in an odd place, on the back of the body rather than the neck and it causes the neck to go downward when I use a strap with it.

When I got it the action on the treble side was set a bit too high, it only took me a few seconds to fix it though. Other than that it was set up great.

This babys got 24 frets, the neck is rather wide near the body, bolt on neck, it's got one tone and one volume control and a 3-way selector for the two active infinity humbuckers (which totally rock). It's got a full tune bridge that works wonderfully.

pjack
    daron malakian is not playing on a ibanez ic x, he plays a custom made ibanez ic 300
    iceman602
    Correct. But he also plays a custom ICX220 called the DMM1. Daron Malakian Model. Same thing but with two vol. and tone and with a custom paintjob.
    Rockwillnevrdie
    Yes, but daron also has a iceman custom baritone guitar, for you rookies out there that just means it has a beefier, deeper sound to it, or as daron would say: "a chunky bass like sound, with the attack of a normal guitar"...i sure could use a baritone, im one for deep tones.
    daos_soad
    and my influence for playing this guitar would be Daron Malakian..well the ICX300 but id still play this and other iceman guitars. =D
    MyIronLung
    Daron only played the iceman at live shows. He didn't even play it that long because it put out sounds he didn't like. When recording, he used a lespaul because the recording company wouldn't let him use the iceman. My influence for this awsome guitar is Paul Stanley. That's the only reason Daron played it.