IJS20 Jumpstart Package review by Ibanez

Ibanez: IJS20 Jumpstart Package

It really helped me when I first started playin which was about two years ago. I had joined a small garage band and we were playin hard rock like Guns N' Roses etc. This guitar can really fit the standards when playing a hard rock sounds or Blues. I recently bought a Marshall MG100HDFX Cabnet and tried this guitar with it. It makes an absolute beautiful sound. I used a DigiTech RP200A with this and played a show last month with the guitar and it sounded wounderful. Unfortunatly, the Marshall MG100HDFX does not have a lower tone so you bassically have no choice but to play loud hard and rock out with this guitar and amp mixture.

I play a variation of classic rock, hard rock, and some metal. The guitar doesn't fit the look of any, but I get through. I have been playing for 4 years and I own a DigiTech RP80 footpedal, a DigiTech RP200A and an Ibanez Tubescreamer. My amps are a Marshall MG100HDFX Head with a MG412 Cabinet. I own two of these and they are very nice with this guitar, I own a Jackson Dinky in which I recently bought and sounds very nice. If this guitar was lost/stolen I wouldn't have any need to buy another, nor would I buy another guitar I have what I need for a while. I love the body, and it sounds. I do hate the humbuckers the tuing keys and the fretboard, its very rough to play on. Its a very nice guitar for beginers but if your a professional player this is not the guitar for you. If I were to compare it to other products it would be better than some but lesser than others as usuall. I compared this guitar when I was starting out to the Fender squire and I wasnt pleased. so I decided to buy this guitar. I wish that it had more frets, beter humbuckers, and tuning keys. Bsides that the guitar is really nice, I enjoy working with it despite its cons'.

I've played many gigs' with this guitar, and it really will withstand loud live playing. The hardware will last, but not for too long if you understand. You can play loud and play hard but if its' too hard, the whole hing will fll apart. The strap buttons are solid and very well attached to the guitar. I've played many shows with it myself without a backup and only one time have I had a problem with it during a gig without a backup. I have dropped this guitar and scratched it and taken it to the limit with heat but there is not one sign of the finish gone. The paint they put on stays on. That is a very posotive feature of the guitar.

The guitar itself is very beautiful and playes very well yet, I had a couple of problems with it. When I bought the guitar, it seemed to be in fair shape, yet about a year back the bridge humbucker fell out. It just fell out of the guitar. The input Jack had become very loose and the wires disconnected. The guitar never stays in tune. I had a problem with the tuners as well. One broke off of the guitar and I had to replace them all. This guitar is great sounding but the hardware of it is not to great.

I believe this is a recent Ibanez guitar made. It only comes with the Ibanez IJS20 Jumpstart package tho'. It's a beautiful guitar in black with 22 medium frets and a rosewood fret board. It has a GAX neck, but it will never stay in tune. It has a solid top with 2 volume controls and a 3 way selector. The PSND1 humbucker neck pickup and the PSND2 humbucker bridge pickup make the guitar have a light blues sound, heavy distortion, and a cleaner sound. The BR-EG bridge makess it extremely easy to string this guitar, with the string through. The agathis body makes it very lightweight and the pearl dot inlay on the finger board mae his guitar a very beautiful piece of work. With the Ibanez IJS20 Package it comes with and Ibanez IBZ10 amp, a Ibanez GRX40 electric guitar, picks, standard cables, strap, a manual for basic song riffs, and a DVD featuring famed guitarist Paul Gilbert.

Gerard_grr
    I think this is a good guitar, my cousin has this pack and it sounds like a pro kind not like fender starter pack. ibanez always make good stuff
    1llusionz
    Wow, the other comments on this sucked. This is a great beginner Guitar I picked it up, and it comes with everything you need to get started! The acessories are alright. I'll adise to get another Strap and Picks, that's really it. Nice look. The only thing is the picture on the sites fool you. The guitar isn't a blue-ish color. It is an Black guitar, despite the picture on the screen, it's black. I didn't care, I like black better. The amp is pretty good, nice volume. It has alright distortion for a beginner. It comes with sample tabs, and a DVD which helps. The price is very good, I bought mine from geartree.com. It cost me $190, with free shipping. So it was a excellent deal for me. Thus, this is a great BEGINNER guitar to learn on for any curious fellow wanting to rock out.
    1llusionz
    O.o I'm talking about a different one, when I have it? If you had a different experience, then post it, it will help other people about buying.