IJX40 Jumpstart Package review by Ibanez

Ibanez: IJX40 Jumpstart Package

Personally I like the sound of this guitar, it does a lot of sounds I want it to make, if you mess with amp controls alittle you can make it sound exactly like santana. It plays Black magic woman perfectly in my opinion. and with the pickups and humbuckers it can play anything from low and grungy sounds to soft sounding solos. But I would not playa gig with this guitar. The cord going into the guitar sometimes won't stay in and it makes this obnoxouis cracking noise. So don't buy it if your looking for a back up guitar.

Overall I think it's a great begginer guitar that's why I'm selling mine to get a sweet, sweet Ibanez GRX20Z. But this guitar is great for alt rock, classic rock, pop rock, emo rock, and soft rock. But it's not very good with metal or scremo, so don't buy it if you are a metal head. Well I'm done peace and war to everyone to who thought this was helpful.

Lets get this straight, don't use this for a live gig. If you like to walk around and do some awesome shenannigans while playing live you wont be able to that while playing. The cord make the guitar make a crackle noise if you move around and the strap some times slips off the strap buttons amking you drop the guitar and also making you look like and idiot. But it is hard to break. I will give it that.

It sounds okay straight from the factory but it will need some tuning. And the plastic covering the pickguard comes off easy enough. The finish I got came in a glossy red, but you can also get it in blue, but I like red so I got the red one, I think the is a black one too. There really werent any flaws I didn't already make clear.

First things first, the features. This was my very first electric guitar, it had everything I wanted, 5-way selector, whammy bar, and a skinny thin neck that reminded me of a Fender Strat. And it had this glossy red finish to it that never faded or anything like that. The neck was Made of what I think was maple, and it had 2 knobs on the guitar; one tone, one volume.

zern
    This was my first electric guitar, and is a GREAT first guitar, it comes with anything and everything a new guitarist needs. Yet it has the price of a cheap guitar and the durability and sound of an expensive one. Great buy.
    SupaHNinjaH
    puts some new strings on this guitar and get a new amp and and all that good shit and this guitar is actually good
    DemonicTurtle66
    This is my first guitar. Its great, but then again its my first and only electric guitar so I don't really know that much at the moment. I do highly recommend it for anyone who is thinking about learning electric guitar. I plan on getting another guitar and leaving this one in lower tuning for heavy metal songs so I don't have to keep down tuning.