JEM555 Steve Vai Signature review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JEM555 Steve Vai Signature

Purchased from: Reed Franklin Heywood

The guitar suite my stlye's perfectly shred and blues! The pickups attack the ears and deliver an unmistakeable sound! I'm using it with a Korg AX1500G and a Marshall practice amp (soon to be upgraded for valve). The guitar is anything you want it to be. Shred machine-kicking out highend speed Demon solo's, blues beast the neck pickup helps with this, its a low, punchy sound with rewarding highs.

As said before, I play blues and shred mostly and it fits them all. I've been playing roughly over 2 years and I own a Fender Tie Dye Strat, Korg AX1500G, Fender Gemini II acoustic and a Marshall practise amp but hopefull will invest in a Marshall valve so expect a review from that soon too! If it were lost/stolen I would buy it again, definatly! I love the pickups and modern style so much but my only beef as said before is black paint. Due to thescratches showing up but look after it and it will look after you!

The guitar will withstand live playing as the man Vai proves to use every time! The hardware is incredible durable. I would never take it to a gig without a backup like all my other guitars. Thw finish is great but as it is black shows up scratches easily that is my only beef with this guitar. Funny enough though 4/5 past guitars have been black.

The guitar was set up well when I baught it but I like mine different so I had them set it up to my specs. I'm fussy like that. The pickups I adjusted myself. The bridge neerly toughing the strings for those crazys shred licks and the neck's lip sits around 1mm over the scratchplate for those nice, thick blues riffs. as I said before, it suits my style perfectly! The guitar was in perfect condition when I bought it. No complaints there!

I'm sorry but I'm not too sure on the year. 24 frets with beautiful vine inlay that stretches from the 3rd to 12th fret and "Steve Vai" inlay on the 24th! It's a solid-top. I think it's basswood with the jem signature "mokey grip handle" in it which really does come in handy! The finish is plain black with a black moto scratchplate which just sets this beautiful guitar off! The bridge is the lo-trs model as its an older 555. But the newer models have the Edge Pro. The pickups are the amazingly high output dimarzio evoutions! These things must be heard! The guitar included a Ibanez locking hardcase.