JEM555 Steve Vai Signature review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JEM555 Steve Vai Signature

Purchased from: A freind.

My music style is everything except prog rock and counrty. This guitar suits every style I can think of. I'm using a Marshall MG20 amp, a Dunlop original wah pedal and a Boss ME-50 effects board. No matter what settings you have it on, this thing isn't noisy at all. The sounds on the bridge pickup are rich, full and mellow at the same time. awesome. The neck is bright and sounds somthing between a heavy ditsortion like what vai uses to a kind of straty sound. As you probobly know already, this guitar can make any sound!

This guitar is good for any king of music. I've been playing for a year and a half now and I own a Ibanez TCM50 Talman ACC/ELE a Boss ME-50 and a Marshall MG20 amp. Everything is flawless. If it was lost I would kill the person who stole it and I would buy another one in a second. I love every thing about it but I wish it had a Eadge Pro Trem or a Lo-Pro. But this can be changed easy.

Everything on this guitar was perfect when I got it. The only bad thing was that the bridge had a small amount of rust on it but that got taken care of. I got it set up by a tech for 9-46s after a while. When bought the guitar it was perfect.

Ok, I don't care what people say about it, to me it's a JEM. Here we go. My JEM555 was made in koreia in '95, It has an ebony fretboard, Maple neck, 24 jumbo frets ans a vine inlay from the 3rd to 12th fret and pearl dots and on 24, it has "Steve Vai" written on it. I has a solid top with the 'Monkey Grip" handle (It might look odd to begin with but you'll be happy you have it in the end). The body is made of basswood and it is painted black. Jem style body. The bridge is a Ibanez floyed rose LO-TRS1, wich isn't the best but is worth the money 'cause face it, no one can do half the stuff Vai does so unless you whammy out of it, it will stay in tune good. Passive electronics. 1 volume & 1 Tone control. 5-way switching. The Pickup config is H/S/H. The pickups are black D'marzio Evoloutions with are passive. The pickups are cool because every one gives you a different sound. The tuners are standard Ibanez. My freind gave me a case with this guitar. All-together this was an awesome deal!