JEM555 Steve Vai Signature review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JEM555 Steve Vai Signature

Purchased from: i can't remember somewhere in Denmark St

I play anything I can and this does anything you can play justice, sounds sweet. I use an all-valve 60 watt amp and Boss ME-50 and this guitar sounds brilliant through it absolutely no hum what so ever. Know to get the full idea I want you to imagine the greatest song you know playing the greatest song you know this guitar will make you sound like that if you can play it (if you canto a certain Standard).

I have been playing for about 5 years and I can say this guitar has everything you need from a guitar, you can't improve it. I love it completely and if you have problems with Floyd-Rose style bridges visit this site www.floyrose.com/originaltremolo.html you should only need section 1 and 2 skip number 4 in section 1. If you still have trouble you have poor eye coordination and you should give up the guitar and bury your head in the sand. If someone stole this guitar I'd ram a rifle up their arse and use all my bullets.

This guitar would withstand a nuclear bomb and then start a race of new super guitars. The hardware is very secure especially the bridge you could hit it through the guitar and the bridge would still be attached and the string would be in tune. The finish is beautiful and I would go gigging with it but you do still have a problem if a string brakes.

When I bought it from the shop it was set up perfectly but I think, although I am not to sure whether the bridge was parallel but only minor. This guitar has absolutely no faults at all. Seriously I am holding my guitar right now looking at with a magnifying glass I have just played and it is perfect the only that could possibly be bad about it is the fret wire comes a bit high. It doesn't affect the action but it's a bit high. This can make slides a bit hard but you can hit a note without toudhing the fretboard.

right this is a Korean JEM and although being the cheaper one it still has a lot of features, so I am just gonna write a list because I am lazy and it's easier to read. Here we go: maple neck, rosewood 24 fret fretboard, really thin neck, jumbo frets, tree of life vine from 3rd to 12th fret, Steve Vai written on the 24th fret, basswood body, huge cutaways, monkey grip, pearloid pickgaurd, DiMarzio Evolution Pickups, 5 way pickup selector, volume and tone knob and Edge-pro Bridge (like Floyd-Rose). It came with manual, tools, hard case, stings, strap and schaller locking strap clips.

ibanezist
    Leigh01
    WTF. The jem555 I purchased a while ago was aweful, there is one thing I like about the pickups thats it. so I updated mine to a jem7v(prestige) and its worth every penny extra, firstly the woods are ten times better cut and better quality, the pickups are better tone all round but not so powerful, the five way switch is better sliding then the 555 I had and an overall better contact, and the bridge compaired to the inferior quility of the 555 is impeccible, and I can't really see the 555 lasting more then two or three years before the bass wood on the body needs replacing and the bridge needs replacing.
    Genius_92
    my god u people have got some knid of vendetta against this guitar don't you. you get what you pay for. i mean if you pay 300 more you're obviously gonna get a better guitar
    ibanezist wrote: the only Ibanez worth having are the ones made in japan. The Jem555 was made for people who want to pretend that they have the real thing.the Jem 555 is a low grade ibanez with a name that shouldnt even be associated with that low grade model. i wouldnt be caught dead playing one cuz it is like putting a Harley sticker on a Honda and calling it a Harley!!! lol You who are thinking of buying one , you might as well save up and buy the real thing, because if it was me , i wouldnt want an imposter or a wanna be jem!!!!
    This guy Wanka!!!!111!!!!!
    fischli222
    sorry guys but this guitar is a fake. The 555 should never have been made, in my and I suspect many other peoples opinion. And a RG Prestige blows this guitar easily away.. in my opinion: get a RG 2620, best guitar and very very cool finish and a good price... or even the rg 2550!! or you buy the real jem 7V but not this fake.... keep on rockin guys!
    fischli222
    sorry guys but this guitar is a fake. The 555 should never have been made, in my and I suspect many other peoples opinion. And a RG Prestige blows this guitar easily away.. in my opinion: get a RG 2620, best guitar and very very cool finish and a good price... or you buy the real jem 7V but not this fake.... keep on rockin guys!
    Kid Fisto
    Why do you need a case? it's got the monkey-grip..... jk i know, but i love this guitar's style
    Jim6643633
    I guess thats a Fake Steve Vai So whats Prestige? 5pc Necks, Thats all really when you look at it.Wood as nothing todo with it the UV777P has the same American Basswood Body but it's still classed as a prestige guitar!?.When the Lo-TRSII bridge was on it was terible,they stopped making them Jem555 due to it,yes it was a mistake,we all make mistakes,but then relaunched it with the EdgeII. Since Steve Vai founded the Make a Noise Foundation which provides musical instruments and music education to young musicians who cannot afford them it kinda make sense that there's a Jem at this price range & since Ibanez would of talked to Steve about this guitar (i'm sure of it)& thats why it can carry the name Jem & the Tree of Life design.. If anything is fake then it's all the players who buy the Jem 7 thinking that they are Steve Vai & shout fake, reality check...Steve Vai makes the Jem 7 sound like Steve Vai, Steve Vai makes the Jem 555 sound like Steve Vai, Steve Vai makes a JS100 sound like Steve Vai. Ibanezist,Fischli,Stonyman,Imoeng will still make the Jem 555,7 & the JS100 sound like Ibanezist,Fischli, Stonyman,Imoeng It's not the guitar it's the guitarist..
    R45TA
    I have been playing guitar for 2- 3 years and i want an upgrade i love stive vai , so i think this is the guitar for me ...? however alot of ppl have just torn this guitar apart ... im not amazing but this in my oppion is a very good guitar for my standard ? if you would differ can u suggest guitars with simmilar properts for around 600 - 650 thanks so much