JEM77 Steve Vai Signature review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JEM77 Steve Vai Signature

Purchased from: 5

Perfect for any music style, but I like metal and shred metal. I am using a Digitech multi-effects pedal with a Fender amp. It is not noisy on any settings. It is rich and full of bright and beautiful sound. This guitar can make any sounds in a sonic territory. I don't dislike it at all.

Shred is my style of music and it is like a dream. I have been playing for 22.5 years and this is pretty much my gear. I wish I had asked about why it is so expensive, I got an answer and it is because it sounds like nothing you have heard before. If it were stolen I would hunt the theif down and get it back, that is how good it is. What's not to love? I compared it with every guitar I could. I do wish it had an overdrive Switch like Jason Becker's guitar did.

The guitar had perfect intonation and was awesome when I got is from the factory. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. Everything was perfect no flaws throught out this guitar.

The original Jem 77 FP, designed with Steve Vai's demanding specifications, features a Ibanez Edge tremolo, Pro humbucker pickups, 5 way position Switch, dual control knobs and standard JEM 'monkeygrip'. All the features are painstakingly reproduced in this fine miniature replica. The Floral Pattern is said to be the actual curtains from Steve's Long Island, NY boyhood home, stretched over the body and finished. The floral pattern on this reproduction is hand painted along with the vine inlay on the fretboard.

- Finish: Floral Pattern (actual cloth finished with poly)
- Body Material: american basswood
- Neck Material: maple
- Neck type/scale: JEM Prestige/25.5"
- 24 large frets
- DiMarzio PAF Pro humbucking neck pickup
- JEM single middle pickup
- DiMarzio PAF Pro humbucking bridge pickup
- 1 volune, 1 tone and 5-way Switch controls
- Other special features: clear pickguard, lions claw tremolo cavity, monkey grip.

Der Bomber
    Love the finnish and inlay-vine, fits with the superstrat body. But what's up with the monkey grip? ruins the beauty. Would love to have one though!
    the_lil_rocker
    yea! man i LOOVE this axe its my dream to own one but its SOO hard to locate even if i could afford it!!!! its even harder for me i live in New Zealand and its hard to find a Les Paul down here!!!!
    MrChris
    my guitar teacher had one. really warm tone. i hated playing my GX Ibanez next to this
    Allen95
    OMG! id kill for this guitar! anyone know where i can find one? doubt i can afford one.. but i just wanna play one