JS100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS100

I play classic rock as well as many of Satriani's songs and it sounds so good on my Marshall MG30DFX with Zakk Wylde distortion pedal and occasionally a Cry Baby Wah-Wah pedal. With the floating tremelo it makes amazing sounds and has the best tone I have ever heard. If you were planing on buying a JS1000-JS2000 do not waste your money this guitar sounds exactly the same if you replace the Ibanez pickups with DiMarzios (which I highly recomened). Frankly, this guitar has amazing sound.

I play classic rock, Vai, Satriani, and some blues and have been playing guitar for four years and this is by far the best guitar I have played, and I've played Les Pauls, and PRS's, and this guitar still towers above the rest. The only guitar that is better from the get-go is the Ibanez Jem but the sound will be the same with Dimarzios. If this guitar was stolen simply put, I would kill myself, a peice of me would be gone. If I could wish for anything extra I would have to say an extra pickup, it wouls be nice, but definently not essential. My favorite feature is the floating tremelo and whammy. This is the greatest guitar I have ever played.

The guitar has an amazing finish and it can defineltly withstand live playing. If you play thrash metal or some heavy stuff like that you could fry your pickups with your sweat, though but I don't play thrash so its perfect for me. I would go to a gig with this guitar and be absolutly positive I wouldn't need to change guitars. Awesome for gigs. Just not for sweaty people.

I bought this guitar brand new and I had to adjust the action only a tiny, tiny bit. The guitar sounds great with the origional Ibenez pickups but sounds even better with DiMarzios. Absolutly no flaws.

This guitar has a durable maple neck material and a buitiful basswood body. It has 22 frets and on the 21st fret it reads "Joe Satriani" (so cool). It has an awesome floyd rose tremelo for crazy dive bombs and such which is probobly the best feature about this guitar. The guitar has locking tuners as should be in any floating tremelo guitar. Amazing features.