JS100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS100

I play classic rock mostly some metal and shread and this guitar pulls all of these syles off and all of them sound great. I use this guitar with a Marshall MG50DFX with an occasional wah-wah pedal or overdrive distortion pedal thrown in, and it sounds great. This is honestly the best sounding guitar I have ever used.

I have been playing for 4 years and I think I have found the best guitar I have ever played for a VERY good price, The JS100. If you were planing on getting the higher model JS's (1500 & 2000) I wouldn't advise you to because the JS100 is the same as those guitars with very slight modifications and the JS is alot cheaper and still sounds great. There is nothing I hate about this guitar and if it were stolen, I would by another for sure becuase I can honestly say this is the best guitar for my style of play and it is definently worth your attention.

I have played this guitar on a stage and I have seen Joe Satriani do it many times and it looks like it withstands very well (it did when I played it live) I am completly sure this guitar wouldnt flake onstage and I would be confidant to go on without a backup. I have had the guitar for close to 2 years now and the finish isn't wearing away at all.

I have a transparent red JS and the finish is beautiful, you can see the wood throgh the varnish (hence the "transparent" name" and it is a great shade of red (the guitar also comes in black, white etc). I had to adjust the action a little but, but that was all the adjustment I needed to get this guitar going. The guitar was flawless when I opened it and it remains flawless when I pick it up to play.

The JS100 if you don't already know, is the signature guitar of the legendary shredder Joe Satriani. You will know when you see the "Joe Satriani" inlay on the 21st fret of the guitars 22 frets. The best feature of this guitar is the floating tremelo which will provide you with divebombs that Satriani himself would approve. The guitar uses stock Ibanez pickups witch sound great. There are locking tuners as all tremelo guiars should have. This guitar has a mahigany neck that is very fast and will be acceptable to any style of music (the neck works best for shread).