JS100 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Ibanez: JS100

Purchased from: E-bay

I play practically everything except country, and metal/shredding (which is what this guitar was made for). Alot of noise and feedback when using distortion. Lots of variety though. I'm using it with a Dean Markley amp and no effects besides those on the amp (plenty).

This is not a good match for my music styles. I have been playing for 3+ years. I own an acoustic guitar by Johnson, a beautiful American Fender Stratocaster, and another Ibanez (blech). If it were stolen or lost I would be sad I hadn't sold it first. I hate almost everything about it besides the sound. I wish it had never been made. It's an ok guitar but not for a Joe Satriani edition.

This guitar will not withstand live playing at all. The hardware does not seem like it will last. The strap buttons are completely stripped without much use at all. No you cannot depend on it and I wouldn't use it on a gig at all, ever! The finish seems like it will wear off with lots of playing.

The guitar doesn't seem to have been set-up very well. The pickups are very loose, The strap nuts are have fallen out completely and the screws used to hold them in have been stripped. The rosewood neck still plays great though, I cannot say anything bad about it. The finish is easily dented and scratched. Not bad for a first guitar I guess, but definitely low standards for a Joe Satriani signature guitar.