JS100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS100

Purchased from: Galaxy music

Ok let me tell you right now, the original pickups don't pull out that much distortion, but scince I got mine for cheap I put in a ultra distortion bridge humbucker. With the original humbuckers it is a little static with the volume turned all the way up, but it suprisingly isn't that annoying. I am using a Peavey Blazer 158 amp and it is very good for '70s style rock and punkrock. I can't quite get a metal distortion your going to need a really good pedal or amp to do that. Very good clean playing to. Great for fast solo's scince its a Joe Satriani guitar.

I've been playing for a few years and I can say this is a good guitar for anything. If it were stolen or lost I would be so sad! I would never find one as cheap as mine! I would probebly get an Ibanez NDM to replace it. Very easy to play no real complaints there. This guitar seems like a cheap Gibson. Not quite as good but it still has a lot of potential. If you like Ibanez guitars I suggest this one! Just be sure to put a better distortion humbucker in it.

This guitar can easily stand live playing. The frets do seem to wear out quick, but this is probebly because I do a lot of bends in solos. The top strap button seems like it would break off, but it's still on there. I can depend on it because it will never go out of tune in one night. The finish is thick and probebly won't wear off for quite a while.

The only problem I could find with the finish is that the neck original humbucker isn't positioned very good. Other than that no problems. Very fast paced neck, a paint job that seems that it will last a while, and super easy to play standing up.

Ok first of all I got this guitar for cheap because it has a large scratch on the back of it. But like anyone is looking at the back while your playing! Ok anyway, this guitar is made out of lightweight basswood so you can stand to keep it around your shoulders for an hour or so. A floyd rose locking tremlo system to keep it in tune for a long ass time. 3-way pickup switch. 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob. M.O.P dot inlays. Dual humbuckers. Very clean looking guitar.

RFer
    Mine doesn't keep in tune. It actually "detunes" very fast, does anybody knows what can be happening to it??
    Der Bomber
    So one guy gets it for 300 bucks and another for above a thousand, and this adds up how?
    Steven Jack
    i had a chance to buy JS100, for the same price as an RG1570. I instead bought the RG1570
    pinkfloydwithin
    omg theMARSvolta5 what the hell are u doing buying a satch sig guitar if u dont play metal or shred ???