JS100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS100

Purchased from: mansons

This guitar is very versatile since it has coil tap and whammy bar and a floydrose. I use it through a Line 6 and a Orange head running through a Marshall cab. this guitar does sound great though It is not a crazy metal guitar. It has a very thin sound so great for clean.

I play all sorts and this guitar can handle all. I will be honest if you are a metal player I would not recomend you buying a guitar like this. I also own a eppihphone Les Paul Custom which I use for thick sounds and heavy palm muttting. I do think that the modle up from this is worth it. If it was stoloen I would proberbly buy the model up from this. I love the neck on this guitar it is really fast and easy to play. I hate the the whammy bar on this thing it seems to stiff. I played a lot of ibanezes but I got this one because it has a rounder neck compared to other Ibanezes.

This guitar canhandle Live playing aslong as it is not bashed around or one of your band members running into you. The hardware will withstand as long as you take off the sweat after or that shredding. If you give it respect it will work like a dream. The strap buttons might look like the y will come off but they wont, some people are just sooo fussy. The finsh is thin but I think it looks awesome and none of it's paint has come off. I would take a backup guitar if you had this guitar. It's not that's it's unreliable it's just that soo many things can go wrong.

I find that the action on Ibanez guitars change a lot to the environment they are in. but when I got it it worked perfectly with no fret buzz. The action is low but not super low compared to most ibanezes. The bridge on this guitar can be really annoying if it is not adjusted properly. Over all this guitar has been set up extreamly well but it is wise to get it checked up every 6 months.

The Ibanez JS guitar is made in china. It has a very smalll unique body, easy to handle and well balanced. The body of this guitar has been snaded off around the side. it has 22 frets. It has a very thin neck but very fast and easy to handle. It also does have a curved fretbord unlike most Ibanez guitars. The paint job on the guitar is a thin red. Most people think it is weak but I like it because you can still see the wood underneath. This guitar has a balanced floyd rose bridge which can be a bit of a fidle. It comes with a coil tap pickup which is kinda weak in ways but it does give out good clean sounds. This guitar comes with locking nuts and is really useful when doing dive bombs.

Prog_On
    The JS100 is an amazing guitar for the price. I had some problems with it at the beggining, the floyd wouldnt keep in tune. I took it to my luthier and after some adjustment and it hasnt detuned ever since. The pickups may be some cheap ones but u can get a lot of tones from it. I use the JS100 to play Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen, Dream Theater and even Jazz. The JS100 is an awesome guitar if u have the opportunity get one. And plz remember... there are not such things as crappy amps, crappy guitars or crappy guitar effects... THERE ARE CRAPPY GUITAR PLAYERS Keep that in mind
    kinkylove07
    lol i have both the iabanez rg570 and iabnez js100 both very versitle guitars and great for experinced guitars although switching the pickups is a good idea . and i dont approve of useing a damn marshall mg with this get a mesa boogie or peavey!
    I_Am_In_Flames
    I have this guitar and i recently bought the JS1200..but since i've had the 100 for awhile i have EMG ZW's in it which are amazing pickups some Ernie Ball super linkys and i made the locking joints a lil bit tighter..and doing that their is no real difference in the 100 from the 1000 1200 besides some hardware adjustments..either way its a beautiful guitar and perfect for the price!
    vaughanmac
    i got this guitar preowned and it's awesome for the price i paid. I used it for gigging and it lasted fine the pickups weren't really my style so i changed to an EMG 81 and drop c tuning now it's heavy as hell a good all round guitar for any player.