JS100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS100

I play a lot of metal (quo vadis, Dragonforce, Metallica, dimmu borgir, etc.) and it sounds really great. I use a DigiTech RP200 pedal and a Crate GT65 amplifier; I don't really like that amp and I'm looking for probably a Mesa but with the RP200 I achieved to get a nice distortion. It's not noisy at all when you got a gate threshold on your pedal. It sound really good on clean tones too. I'm gonna purchase a bridge pickup for greatest distortion though.

It's good for every style of music. I god a Fernandes Monterey too and I prefer my Ibanez cause it never gets out of tune and is easier to play when you go metal style. If it was stolen I would probably get the S2170FW (Herman Li's guitar from Dragonforce) and even if it's not stolen I will buy that awesome guitar this year. I love the neck and the fact that it's a really light weight guitar. I don't hate anything about this guitar, I think it's a great guitar for everyone, but I think it should be a little cheaper like 650$ would be good. I tried some Gibson Les Paul Studio, some Fender Strat and for the price, sound and neck feeling the Ibanez is really worth it.

I think it would be a good Live guitar but with other pickups; there a little cheap for a signature model. Seems like a solid durable guitar. The strap buttons are really solid. I think anybody playing in a band should always have a backup guitar but I would use this one on a gig without a backup no questions. the finish is really solid and good to last long.

Really well made, action was very good, pickups adjustements are well done, the touch is really low and easy to play. The guitar didn't contain any flaws like misaligned bracing, poorly filed fretwire, finish flaws, poor quality wood, rusted or oxidized hardware, loose tuning pegs, poorly cut nut, poorly fit saddle, noisy pickup selector or loos controls.

This guitar has a basswood body with transparent top. The maple neck has 22 frets. The Floyd Rose locking tremolo practically never gets out of tune. This guitar has 2 passive Ibanez humbuckers that respond really well for stock pickups. There's a volume and a tone control, 3-way pickup selector.