JS100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS100

Purchased from: Peterborough Music

This guitar suits my music style perfectly. Fast picking technical stuff wiht lots of solos. The pickups will probably need upgrading if you will be using lots of distortion as the Standard pickups don't hold all that much. I'm currently using a Fender amp and a Marshall Jackhammer Distortion/Overdrive pedal. Although I am using a rubbish amp the guitar tunes are very nice. When clean put on the neck pickup and you will get very nice sounds.

This guitar suits the style of music I play, thin neck fro quick playin, meium sized frets for shredding, tremelo bridsge for divebombs. What more could you ask for? If I went back to when I bought it I probably would have asked how much was it to upgrade the pickups to DiMarzio. If stolen I would probably cry and then buy the JS1000 or a Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee. Only they are awesome guitar an have better pickups. I love this guitar so much, it's probably one of the best guitar in its price range in my opinion. I wish it had the Fred And Paf Pro pickups though. Then it would be the best guitar in it's type, in it's price range of about 500.

I think this guitar would stand gigging. Its body seems durable, and would stand a few dents and dings while headbanging and palying. I take a backup if gigging with this but very unlikely I would. I've had this for over a year now and the finish hasn't worn a bit so it would definatley last 30 minutes in a room playing to an audience.

As I got it secondhand I don't know what the factory set up was like. But the finsih was flawlles part from a tiny chip on the bottom at the back, about 3mmx3mm. I haven't had to do anything to this guitar apart the odd spring tension when changing strings from 9s to 12s but that's normal for Floyd Roses.

I bought my JS100 second hand for 400, bargain.Made I Korea 2004. It has medium sized frets. A Solid white finsh which is absolutely beautiful and looks like it wont wear for another 10 years. It has a basswood body so it is very light and you could stand and play this for hours and shoulders will still be fine. It has an Ibanez Edge II floating tremelo Floyd Rose style bridge. It is perfect to play on if your playing such music as Machine Head, oantera, Lamb Of God. It has has thin neck perfect for shredding like mr. satriana himself. Locking tuners make divebomb easier and wont go out of tune, whiuch is always a good thing.

I_Am_In_Flames
    RFer wrote: Mine doesn't keep in tune. It actually "detunes" very fast, does anybody knows what can be happening to it??
    My did that too until i changed up the lock joints in the tremolo. If you buy it new or anything it needs minor adjustments.
    osXtiger
    Der Bomber wrote: So one guy gets it for 300 bucks and another for above a thousand, and this adds up how?
    JS-100 = $300 JS-1200 = $1000+
    satch_
    does that guitar have edgeIII or proII? in ibanez website sais its an edgeIII...
    guitarfreak222
    you can put tune lockers (I think thats what they're called) on the fretboard. Except that cuts your convenience to tune down to drop D without removing the tuning thingies..
    riprandyrhoads
    pinkfloydwithin wrote: omg theMARSvolta5 what the hell are u doing buying a satch sig guitar if u dont play metal or shred ???
    satch's main influences are of classic rock, jazz, and funk, and this guitar is great for all 4 of his styles.