JS100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS100

Price paid: A$ 1200

Purchased from: Friend

I run this through a Vox Tonelab LE with a Satchurator and Vox 847 Wah in the effects loop. It sounds absolutely amazing through the preset I use most of the time (a customized version of the Erupt preset). and the Screaming Demon pickup just adds to the sound. I like to play a variety of things from Jazz to Death Metal and I swear this guitar can do it all and then some. unfortunately the original neck pickup isn't on the same par as the bridge pickup, and I would have swapped it had I had the money. But saying that it is still an excellent guitar.

I like to play everything, and I reckon this guitar can do it all. this is definatly a big step up from my other gear (an RG321MH which I sold to help fund this guitar), and a J & D Luthiers Les Paul (which I paid less than $500 for both). I wish though I had asked for the appropriated allen key when I bought it as I don't own one that fits the locking tuners so I couldn't tune it when I got the guitar. if it where lost or stolen I would hunt the guy Who took it down and beat the shit out of HIM then take my baby home. definatly the best feature of the guitar is the Screaming Demon pickup (which is my first aftermarket pickup). my overall rating is a 9 as I really didn't want a Edge III trem (assuming it is one) but I can Live with it so long as it can stand up to a bit of use.

This guitar will definatly survive Live play, and I plan to use it as my main stage guitar. The hardware seems like it will last a long time. The strap buttons seem pretty solid but sometime down the track (like when I have money) I will install straplocks on. I definatly plan on babying this guitar.

Because the guitar was preowned, it was set up incredibly well. there where no flaws on the guitar what'soever. It came with 9's and I was going to swap it to D'Addario 10's (as are on all my guitars except my acoustic which is D'Addario 11's), but I would need the guitar set up for 10's which would cost nearly $100 which I reckon is way to much for a set-up.

I'm not sure of the year or country this guitar was made in, as I bought it second hand. It has a Basswood body with a 1 piece JS neck (according to Ibanez website... ), and a rosewood fingerboard. apparently it also has the Edge III tremolo in it but I highly doubt that in this particular guitar, as the previous owner absolutely despised them. the best part about this particular model is that it only came with one of the stock pickups, the previous owner had changed the bridge pickup to a Seymour Duncan Screaming Demon. 3 way selector with the tone knob can be pulled out for coil tap. it came with a molded Ibanez case as part of the deal.

cmacTR4Q
    people say this guitar is bad at metal. I have 2 words to say to that. Chris Kline. And to add on to that, VertexGuy. Look him up on Youtube and realize just how wrong you are.
    delta777
    guitarfreak222 wrote: RFer wrote: Mine doesn't keep in tune. It actually "detunes" very fast, does anybody knows what can be happening to it?? you can put tune lockers (I think thats what they're called) on the fretboard. Except that cuts your convenience to tune down to drop D without removing the tuning thingies..
    you can use the the microtuners (i think thats their name) on the bridge
    victor5464
    yea mine has edge III, NOT pro II and to RFer, mine comes detuned quickly as well...i think it is just the fact that edge IIIs kinda suck
    Heideck
    For those who have problem with the tuning, check the manual to set the tremolo. If it's not set the good way, it'll "detune" very fast.