JS1000 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS1000

It suits my music style as best as any guitar could. Although for some songs I would rather have a SG or Strat, the Ibanez kind of fills the gap in between. One complaint would be that I can't get the tone I'm looking for because the lower notes pick up with too much bass for my liking and I can't adjust the pickups anymore to compensate. I use it with my Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal most of the time, although I have other more generic DigiTech pedals. The sound is very rich and full. The guitar can be used for most types of music as it being a well rounded middle grade guitar.

Love it. For the time being wouldn't play anything else. I would buy it again and again. Try one and see!

Very solid, although I've had it for a year and only managed one scratch (minor). If you baby this guitar it will last forever. But you can abuse it a little and it sounds awesome too. I would always bring a backup although I rarely ever break any strings on it, so it could be used by itself.

It's setup is standard from the factory although if you don't want tremelo, you can deactivate it with a trick and then the guitar stays more in tune and is easier to adjust. This lessens the need for the fine tuners and fixed bridge.