JS1000 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS1000

My music style is pretty much a healthy mix of everything from children's songs and nursery rhymes to The Beatles to Hendrix to Yngwie Malmsteen to Eric Johnson to Kirk Hammett. As in everything. And the crazy part of it all is that this guitar allows me tones and textures that will fit any kind of stuff I wish to play at that moment. My equipment consists of a Marshall MG100DFX, Peavey Audition 110, Dunlop Cry Baby wah pedal, DOD Super American Metal, Zoom 505II, original Dallas Arbiter Fuzz, original Univibe pedal, Boss Digital Delay Stereo, and a DigiTech Whammy Pedal. The push-pull features of the volume and tone pots and 3-way Switch enables me to sculpt sounds and textures for any kind of music depsite the dual humbucker pickup configuration. There is absolutely no noise with the pickups. The sound is rich and deep and bright all at the same time. With the effects gunned up for a scorching solo, swelling the volume from zero to full brings about a sweet unstoppable onslaught of ever increasing feedback intensity! The guitar is capable of making sounds that would put a baby to sleep as well as waking up the demons inside of us all. It can produce a wail like a sreaming banshee mourning the death of a mate or sing like a newly hatched robin from the egg.

With all the things I have described upon this guitar, this guitar is a gift from the "The Man." It has a perfect balance of highs and lows, excellent sustain, amazing pickups and sound, astounding feel and playability, and tons of stare appeal. As mentioned, I also own a 2 color sunburst Fender American Strat and a naturally finished 7 string Tung Bass guitar which I play through a Mesa Boogie rig. From simple nursery songs to all-out Malmsteen-type shredding, this guitar enables you to play to your heart's content. I love everything about this guitar and would definitely consider buying the same thing if for any reason I would lose this current guitar. The JS1000 provides you with an excellent platform to begin your musical journey and the only thing that would limit or stop that journey would be your willingness to take yout technique and music to the next level.

I have been playing professionally for over 10 years in the studio as well as concerts. This guitar will definitely handle anything as proof from no other than Joe Satriani himself (G3 Tours). The hardware is finished in a dark, smoky kind of chrome finish which is unique and beautiful. Strap buttons are solid as are the hardware. Of course we are talking about a locking tremolo system here and no matter how wild I dive bomb with it, it never goes out of tune. The finish is extremely solid and would need a sander with heavy grit to take off.

This guitar was actually 1 of 2 in the store that I picked up and this had the better set-up of the 2. The factory in Japan did the set-up and I must say they did a pretty damn fine job at it. The action is low, intonation perfect, and the tremolo springs have just the right amount of tension. I own a standard Fender American Stratocaster and comparing the JS1000 to the Strat, I must say that this actually feels better in my hand. I don't have long fingers and my hand is actually quite small so after playing the JS1000 then switching to the Strat, the Strat's neck felt like I was holding a baseball bat. Not that the Strat had fault, but the multi-radius neck of the Satch just suits my hand's anatomy better. It is finished in Black Pearl which is amazing! The guitar has no flaws nor scratches, nor blemishes, no nothing. Just a smooth perfect glossy finish.

This is made in Japan by Prestige Team J. Craft of Ibanez. It's got 22 frets on a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. The body is basswood mainly for 2 reasons: basswood gives an excellent balance of highs and lows and basswood is a light material which is good when gigging and you dont get shoulder cramps. My guitar has the black pearl finish and looks really cool. It sometimes looks like gun metal gray depending on the light. The deep body cutaways make it very easy to reach those upper frets without hassle. The JS1000 comes with Ibanez's Edge Pro locking tremolo system which I think is better than the Original Floyd Rose which I had in a Kramer because with the Edge Pro, you dont have to cut the ball end of the string to put it in. The pick ups are hot! It's got DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck and DiMarzio Fred in the bridge. Both are humbuckers. Tuners are Gotoh. All case candy included.

wicked.wisdom
    wow i LOVE joe satriani and im looking REALLY FORWARD to buying one of these bad-boys!!! lol
    595Metallica595
    wow. satriani is possibly the best guitarist in the world. he taught steve vei and kirk hammett. possibly the best teacher too i want this guitar so bad im about to SH*T my pants.
    mr. blobby
    satriani has to be my favourite guitarist ever!!! i want one of these soo bad but im never gonna b able to afford it. check out this guitar on ibanez.com -- it luks so sexy in burnt blue