JS1000 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JS1000

Purchased from: Multi Voice Instruments

It perfectly suits my style from gospel to fusion to progressive metal. I usually use it simply with POD Line 6 and Carvin Legacy cabinet. I really envy the sound and the richness of the tone, whatever style I played with my band, it never fails our expectation!

I play anything from soft to hard music and I own other brands like Caparison, Jacksons and ESPs, but I totally addicted to this guitar. JS1000WH was a true masterpiece in engineering and design. Whenever you have a chance to try this guitar, you'll quickly fall in love with it's character. The lightness, the rich tone, the fingerboard was all perfect for me. If it was stolen or lost, I will surely buy another JS for sure. It must be in my arsenal wherever I perform!

I always do live playing and this guitar never fails me. It was featherlight compared to other types of brands and the size wasn't too big to make you tired. The strap buttons are rock solid. The only thing that will change is the paintjob. The white color will turn into yellowish after around 5 years. I don't know why but I don't have a problem with it. It really looks like a relic today, but many people told me that my guitar was cool as hell.

The factory setup was perfect, it nearly needs no Bridge setup. The pickups only need a little height adjustment because I need the bass to be louder and talking about the fretboards, until today it still haven't worn out. The guitar doesn't have any flaws in my opinion, all hardwares were remain original after around 9 years. They're still working fine.

I think my JS 1000 WH was made around 2002. I bought this guitar around that year too. It was made perfectly by Japanese craftsmen. It had 22 frets and round neck resembles Strats from Rosewood. It just perfectly suits my hand which is not too big. Body was made from Basswood with white glossy finish. The Edge Pro tremolo itself was so good for dive bombing, whammy bar, etc. It features Joe's own PAF Pro pickups from Dimarzio. Later I change these pickups to DiMarzio Steve's special @ bridge, and Evolution for the neck. I just totally love this setup and it last till now. Tuners are made by Gotoh and I bought this one inside a sturdy hardcase.