JTK1 Jet King review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JTK1 Jet King

Purchased from: Gordons Music

It definitely fits my style of music since I love playing it all from deftones to the doors. I use an Ibanez half stack with a Boss GT-3 floor effects for all my distortion and clean needs. The guitar when in the clean channel gives a very clean full sound, but once in overdrive it took me a lot of tinkering with my amp and multi effects to get the clean really crunchy distortion I like, when tuned down to a D or C it gets very muddy thus for I got the EMG pickups. The guitar gives lots of variety due to the 2 tap switches and the 3-way selector it suits everyone's needs. Overall I love the guitar but I would have liked it more with more high output pickups.

With the wide style that I play this guitar is definitely a good match for me, and I have been playing for 5 years and went through my fair share of guitars and this is one of my top 3 favorite due to the fact I've had it for almost 6 months now. I also own an Ibanez Uv7, and an Schecter 006 Elite. Its a very well made guitar for a low price and its also a well playing guitar to. But I'm just a fan of the more high out pickups instead of the pickups trying to make the "Vintage" sounds. It stacks up quite well to me Schecter, which is a 600-dollar guitar, I choose this one because of some of the originals looks, and the original features such as the coil tap switches. I recommend this guitar to anyone who likes to play all types of music. it is very stable and extremely tough. I recommend it to beginners and more experienced players to. -eric

I have had this guitar for quite a while and it is a road worthy guitar it has withstanded a lot of heavy playing and some abuse :\ a few woops here and there dropping it the usual. And it still played awesome the hardware and finish are bulletproof, its a very tough guitar. The strap buttons I took off and put strap locks on it. Because I don't trust anything else. And I would have a backup because you never know.

Outta the factory the guitar was set up quite well, the action was low, which I'm not use to because I normally play a 7 string which has to have high action but I liked it alot. Everything on the guitar met to my standards all look clean and well built except for a little noise in the pickup selector.

This model is a new series from Ibanez called the jet king. It has 22 frets, solid body with a burnt cherry sunburst finish. For pickups it has 2 nickel plated humbuckers and has 2 switches for single coil tapping (very cool) and also a 3 way pickup selector. Some of the things I did like about it is the thru body stringing which makes it wicked stable for low tuning and that the neck is super slim and fast. It has a 5 piece basswood body which makes it light for those long gigs. And still has the tone of mahogany. The only thing I replaced were the pickups an EMG 81 and an EMG 85, which made it scream after.