JTK2 Jet King review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JTK2 Jet King

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

This guitar has the most b--chin' tone, with lots of variety due to the wicked single coil tap thingamabobbers. It is very warm, rich and, really, beautiful sounding. Whether its clean, with slight overdrive, or a wickedly evil overdriven metal growl, this guitar is ideal for all genres. My genre is metal. Any metal. Judas Priest to Cradle Of Filth. I also play some older rock, like Zeppelin and whatnot. This is a very, very versatile guitar. At the store I ran through this Marshall JCM100 head, but any amp I've tried it in, it sounds pretty decent. Even if the amp is a piece of crap. Even in my tiny Washburn Bad Dog practice amp, its very warm. It sounds good with a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, which is what I'm using with it as we speak. Any overdrive will do with this one, for a nice Vintage sound. You could emulate anything, from a Les Paul to a Telecaster, and personally I'd rather play this. Incredible.

Great match for not only my style, but any style. If it were stolen I would gun down the sorry bugger who was stupid enough to steal it. I love everything about it, especially the single coil thing. I compared it to ESPs, Ibanez RGs, Fender Stratocasters, various Jackson, and it kicked all of them in the balls. I wish I could find another one if something happens to it, very hard to get your hands on.

I am a gigging guitarist, and believe me, this is one sturdy sunnuvabitch. Its heavy though, not too heavy, but whatever. Strap buttons are very solid, unlike my last guitar. Personally I would use it on a gig without backup, although I don't think in terms of worst case scenario, but whatever. Finish is really nice, I got a scuff mark though, thats about it, nothing a little Brasso and polish won't fix. Its all sturdy and working, nice feel to it aswell.

Everything looks in order. Humbuckers are on alright, nice and sturdy, like I like them, set up well, and at Tom Lee they put D'addarios on them I belive, and they were all tuned up and everything. No flaws, other than maybe a wee bit of noise with the 3-way toggle Switch. Really pretty guitar, as I said, I love it.

I would like to say this is a beautiful guitar. I got it in a discontinued colour (coral pink), thats more of a nice metallic orange colour. For this reason, they had it on sale for like 60% off, I couldn't say no. Here are some reasons why. It's got a really unique body style, which I'm in love with, although it fits awkwardly on a stand. It's got 2 humbuckers in it, but with a really neat feature, you can change each one into single coil pickups. Not sure of all the little details, but it's pretty, and more importantly, sturdy.