JTK2 Jet King review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JTK2 Jet King

Purchased from: muziker.sk

I play all kinds of music styles from country and blues up to metal. It can cover them all bud it best fits for classic rock. I am using Marshall AVT50X hybrid amp. I play mostly on both pickups because the sound is really rich then and also the amp can create really nice sound out of it. The neck pickup (Super 58) is good for blues mostly and the neck pickup (AH2) works well with harmonics, tapping.

I have been playing for 3 years now and this is my first serious electric guitar. I had Behringer before that was all wrong. If anything happens to the guitar I will not hesitate and buy it again. In my opinion it is the best guitar for that money you can get.

As I mentioned before this guitar can handle all kinds of music styles. The hardware is all fine but the tuners seems that they won't last that long. Strap buttons are solid and seems like they will last forever. The paint is well made so even if it gets dirty it is easy to clean. 2 pickguards saves the paint from scratches.

Finish is the thing that in my opinion is the worst part of the guitar. The pickguards were not cut very accurately. The red color contains some black dots, and there was glue or something like that sticked on the head. But that was easy to clean. The 3-way pickup selector is a little bit loose also. Overally it is all fine but not 100% perfect.

I believe it was made in 2006/2007 in Indonesia. It has 22 medium frets on rosewood scale. The neck is a little bit wider than the RG and S Ibanez series, but feels really good. Body is fully mahogany made and that makes a positive and also negative point. The positive is the sound and negative is the weight. It is a little bit heavy but that doesn't matter that much. Sound is more important. I have bought the red colored finish instead of the black one that was in production about the time I was buying it. The body shape as you can see from the picture is similar to Fender Jaguar. There is solid bridge installed that I think is better in this price range because of the tuning ability. The electronics are passive of course, but the pickups still sound good. There is a volume and tone knob, 3-way pickup selector and the rocker switches that can divide the humbuckers into single pickups. The only inculuded accessory was the cable that broke after 4 days of playing.