JTK2 Jet King review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JTK2 Jet King

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

I'play through a Peavey TransTube 212 EFX, and it sounds GREAT ! This amp I play through is set for Studio or Live performances, and it has all kinds of effects built into it. The Jet King,s Lead position #2 is totally kick-ass when I play Skynard's Freebird, and Gimme 3 Steps. The Rhythm Mode is warm and smooth.

My Jet King is a 2004 model, and it had NEVER been "worked" for playing. I set it up to MY specifications. I play ANYTHING I'm paid to play, whether it's Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz,... Doesn't matter, this guitar responds EXCELLENTLY to my demands. To me, it was a GOOD Investment. I love the Silver hard shell guitar case too. If you wasn't to see me playing this Jet King, check out my website and you'll see it. Go to www.myspace.com/BobbJayMusic and check out my pics. KEEP PICKIN' AMERICA!

I think I can count on it. I play it every week. Since I re-worked it, it handles the way I want it to...fast, smooth, easy, and ON THE MARK! what I mean by that is, I set the Harmonics onthe JK to where the B string is slightly sharp and so is the E 1st. They seem to wear faster than the others, so by putting them about 1/10thof a note sharp, they're in tune when they're old. Instead of tuning to 440, I tune those 2 strings to 442.

The Guitar was NOT set up right. Frets were WAY too high, Never been lowered. I spent 4 hour working the guitar over, and now it plays Beautiful! The Sunburst finish on it is kinda scratchy, and it looks Old and Dirt. I'm planning on painting it Ultra High Gloss Black, and making a new set of pick-guards for it. Everybody Loves the way I can Paint a guitar.

I got a Silver Hard-Shell Case with "Jet King" on the front. The case was a little rough, but it's nothing I can't fix. I had to bu new strings of course, but that's normal. There were NO tools in the case, like Alan Wrenches or anything like that, and no key to lock it up either.

rv_phoenix
    Sid&Nancy wrote: A 5/10...seriously? Lol I do agree that these reviews are pretty unbiased, but have you ever thought that maybe this guitar is just that impressive? Does a guitar really have to have a Fender or a Gibson stamp on it in order to be considered exotic? Neither Fenders nor Gibsons are exotics brands/guitars. Every-****ing-body has one. So, what's cool about them? Nothing. I think what the reviewer meant by "exotic" is that this Jet King is pretty unique. And I can't wait 'til I get my hands on one!!
    You're right. You may like Ibanez or not. But you cannot just rate an Ibanez at 5 out of 10 without very serious reasons. Not even the GIO Series deserves such a low rating. Ibanez never makes such bad guitars, and all Ibanez I've played on were at least reliable and extremely playable and had a correct sound. Some of them were outstanding. As for this one, I think it looks gorgeous and its features are OK. I'd be interested to test it, as an alternative to the Epiphone Wilshire Limited Edition I'm planning to buy for Christmas. I bet it's a tought competition for the Wilshire!