JTK4 Jet King review by Ibanez

Ibanez: JTK4 Jet King

Purchased from: American Musical

This guitar can do about anything the super 58 pickups are the bomb in this guitar and the comments below from Rocker301 are wrong he obviously doesn't own one. The JTK 4 was replaced by the JTK40 which has the ACH 3 & 4 pickups which don't have anywhere near the depth of the super 58's. I play rocabilly, old Who, doors and late beatles and this guitar does all that very, very well. It is NOT made for dive bombing but it does stay in tune thru the sets as long as you use the Ibanez bigsby to color and flair notes. I use a Blues junior and it is great match the guitar excells with almost any (good) tube amp. A great player.

My band plays The Doors, The Who, Stones, Late Beatles and some Warren Zevon and this guitar can do all those has a great brittish tone with the tube amp and when saturated does the Doors to a T. Been blaying for over 25 years and I heard a freind play this guitar in another band and knew I had to get one. Probably the best buy dollar for dollar of any guitar on the market at the time. Unfortunatley they have changed the guitar to the JTK40 and now use ACH pickups to retain their price point which is a real shame because the Super 58's mke this guitar really shine. The best buy in a guitar I've had in 25 years.

I allways use straploks but she stays in tune right thru the sets and it is a joy to play is a little heavier than a Strat but not that much no where near the weight on a less paul. Good finish. Had it for over a year play out 4 nights a week and it's held up great.

Perfect right from the Factory, unlike my Deluxe American Strat which took me over 2 hours to properly set up and intonate this guitar came with super low action wuth no fret buzz and the intonation was almost perfect. All the hardware was good quality and the I banez tuners do a great job. One of the best factory setups I've ever seen on a supposedly cheap guitar.

Bigsby style Vibrato, Made in China, Super 58 pickups, 6 Inline tuners, String-thru Body, Fast neck but a ittle beefier than a wizard Red with white plastic, very Retro alittle heavier than the average Ibanez but about 5lbs lighter than the AS103 Smi-hollow.

huevos
    Dallinisrad wrote: they omar rodriguez-lopez signature version of this guitar is way more badass
    Interesting. I shall take a peak.
    Karl Hartel
    JTK4 HAS ACH3&4 PUPS I just bought the JTK4 from AMS and the PUPS are NOT Super 58's as their description claimed. Stevegio's might have them but mine didn't. I hurried and bought the JTK4 since they only had 2 in stock hoping they had the Super 58's. My advice be aware of false info.
    crazy8rgood
    I wish there was a review for the Jet King bass on here. I bought one and I'm loving it.