K7 Firespeak Blue review by Ibanez

Ibanez: K7 Firespeak Blue

This baby got he heaviest sound I've ever heard. I tuned it to ADGCFAD, the basic Korn setting, and it just sounds bad. Bad in a good way, that is. I play mostly Korn, so this one suits me perfectly. I found out a TS7 and a WahWah is a good combo with which I can get most Korn sounds with only minor differences.

I've been playing for 10 years now, mostly Stevie Ray Vaughan and stuff like that, but right now I'm really into Korn, which is the reason why I bought it. It took me a couple hours to get used to the 7th string, but apart from that its very easy to play, not as fast as my Strat, though, which has a much thinner neck and strings. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another one, probably in Blade Grey. I really like its simplicity - one 3-way Switch and volume poti, and thats it. Looks really impressive with the glow in the dark side dots and the K7 inlay at the 12th fret and no other fret dots. The 24 frets are pretty cool, and with the 7th string it covers a huge range of tones. I just love the U-bar - thats what mankind has always been waiting for. It's got a low profile and efficiently protects the fine tuners from being turned by accident. First I had wanted to buy a 1527 because it is cheaper, but then I saw this one on ebay and thought what the heck, I'm getting this one! Beginners should probably start with a 7321 or 1527 due to their low price. You really have to like 7 strings, and some friends of mine who are not as experienced as I am had big problems switching to 7 string for a couple hours and then back. I have both, 6 and 7, and I got used to switching.

I bought it from a guy I had met over ebay, so I don't know how everything used to be set up. He said he had never really played it, and I didn't find any flaws.

The fabulous Korn duo has inspired an awesome design with custom DiMarzio open humbuckers, a K7 logo blazing across the 12th fret, and the out-of-your-way but right-where-you-need-it U-Bar locking trem system (which can be replaced with a standard bar). Glow-in-the-dark side markers keep you oriented on that vast expanse of 24 fat frets and 7 strings. A genuine mahogany body provides resonance and the rosewood fretboard feels fabulous.

jonpguitar01
    I really want to play some korn, but i can't tune down. I should just buy this guitar....
    ticklemeemo
    This guitar is awesome!! I tried it out the other day at GC.
    papakarlito93
    Bought one yesterday. Sounds amazing with Mesa stuff. But faced a problem with strings and tune. I want A standart, as Munky has. What strings should I use? I bought 10-60 Dunlop heavy core. But strings are a little bit hanging
    warrenguitar
    Although you might not be able to see the guitar well in this pic above, it looks really shweet and makes you feel the part when playing it. Sounds good and has a really well tuned action.
    warrenguitar
    You don't get to see much of this guitar by the picture above, but it is a beaut! Really stunning! I agree, 10 out of 10!
    livewire76
    how does the u-bar make PM impossible?? i dont know what kinda K7 people who find PM on one hard but on mine its no problem..
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
    ticklemeemo wrote: This guitar is awesome!! I tried it out the other day at GC. Spl!nTeRgu!tAr wrote: why dont people like 7 strings?? its everything a 6 string has AND another low string. people's stupididty is amazing K7s are freakin awesome My friend is one of those he thinks you absolutely MUST play chords on a guitar with more than 6 strings. As you can tell, he is stupid.
    yeah man i hear ya, i grew up as a jazz band player and one of the requirement was a 7 string, so i went online and bought an Agile. i sold it tho when i graduated from jr high but then i listened to Korn and all hell broke loose cuz i was pissed i didnt have a 7
    bla556
    where the hell do you people put you're hand for palm muting? look at the picture or watch korn live at youtube or anywhere else, the u-bar does not make palm muting impossible, it's placed over the fine tuners
    Mad-Mardegan
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr : why dont people like 7 strings?? its everything a 6 string has AND another low string. people's stupididty is amazing K7s are freakin awesome its because the neck is chunkier and feels wierd!! don't be so ignorant!!
    PyroJesus
    I want one, but I have NO FRICKIN IDEA where to buy one! For a decent price! I live in the UK so ebay.com isnt an option, and it costs like 900 here. Jesus, I just want a friggin' 7 string I can afford!
    Barboom
    i dont understand the u-bar. is it like, the bar goes in a u shape over the bridge-ish area and you vibrato sutff with your palm? but that would kill any chance of palm muting.. o.O the descriptions that i've read are kinda useless.
    KoRn1
    I'm gettin' 1 in about a week or 2 lol...I'm so happy!!!!
    k90728
    I would love to get one. but no money. also the k5 one too. but i already have a 5string bass.
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
    cheames
    dude...$1500 is 800...thats way cheaper than the cheapest in britain (900/$1700)...a cheap price for a k7 in the US is about the same as a friggin RG 7 stringer...b**tards
    Andrew Zara
    ^The average amount in US dollars is $1500, but if you are really interested in buying it you can get it at samash.com for only $1100.