MMM1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: MMM1

That guitar is no longer a guitar. It's a monster. It's the only Ibanez baritone you can buy and the best baritone I ever played. This guitar has such a warm tone and at the same time it is totally aggressive. The distortion sound is killing, I never even thought about changing the pickups. Clean it hardly sounds like a bass. Undescribable! The string-thru + neck-thru brings excellent sustain and sound! Many people think "baritones can't hit high notes," no. You can also play solos!

My style is rather into metal/rock. Bands like Staind (Mike's band), System Of A Down, Slipknot etc would describe my style best, I think. It fits perfectly for that. And lots of other styles (yeah, if you manage to play 'em with a baritone). I've tested an ESP Viper baritone and it can't fight with the Ibanez, not at all. I bought this guitar because I noticed that Daron Malakian from System Of A Down plays an Ibanez Iceman. I always wanted the Iceman but now I know that the MMM was the best choice I could make. If you see it in a store - go and get it!

Since I'm playing a lot at home and on stage this guitar will last everything for a life time. I've put my whole trust in that guitar because it never disappointed me. In no way. That matt-oil-finish is my favorite because you can't see any dirt or dust on it. So easy to play.

When I got the guitar from the store, the intonation was bunch of s--t. So I fixed. It wasn't much to do but I was a bit disappointed by Ibanez. But after that nothing was markable anymore. One thing that surprised me totally was that the action can still be very fast even on really thick strings, if you know what I mean. The hardware is just immortal (funny word for describing a guitar, I know). I just love this guitar!

Korean made, mahagoni body and mahagoni neck, neck-thru construction, string-thru, 28" baritone scale, 2 Ibanez Humbucker (super58er baritone wound).

Serial 177
    music_freeke
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
    i dunno. listen to Stainds Dysfunction CD and go hunt one of these down and play it. my local GC had one for a about 3 days, and when i played it it was the most amazing thing id ever heard. the sheer snarl you get throwing distorion on it will kill your sperm
    whencowsfart101
    music_freeke wrote: Serial 177 wrote: Im now stuck between a choice of this MMM1 or the MTM1: my style is heavy metal/rock and anything that will make your parents scream I play alot of Underoath, slipknot, killswitch engage, and im getting more into lamb of god.. Please i need help with my choice : In my opinion if your style is bands like slipknot and killswitch engage you should get the MTM1... to me its EMG pickups and on my Line 6 amp it sounds perfect
    Good choice. As you're into Slipknot, you would also appreciate having Mick's signature axe more too.
    GravenWraith
    Hi, I have a question. I am looking to buy an MMM1, but would like to use it for standard tuning, but all six strings an OCTAVE lower than standard stuning. Does anyone have some advice whether the scale is long enough to support such a low E, the string size I'm planning to use for the low E is the same gauge as the F# on an 8-string, a 0.74. Please advise. Thanks!