MTM2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: MTM2

My style of music is varied. I like to play anything from slipknot, metallica, iron maiden, Hendrix all the way to duran duran, tenacious d and general other bits.my choice of amp is 75 watt line 6.I use a Cry Baby whah to compensate for its lack of whammy bar which is a shame although does beat the ojective of the guitar.the guitar is absolutly silent when it needs to be, but on the other hand it can scream till the cows come home.the choice of setting is limited as it only has a volume knob and pick-up selector.

It really is a winner with me, mostly because I play mainly metal which it does very well. I love the way its thin body sits and how you can literaly give the kneck a reach around to mute those hard to reach notes.if the guitar was lost or stolen I wouldn't even think about not getting another, just to feel it slim body once more, top marks.

This guitar is made of recycled terminator.literally nothing will go wrong with it, probably because their is little to go wrong with it.you wont need to worry about your strap falling of due to poor strap buttons. I think if it can survive the massive mick thomson then it can survive the beating of any person, except the person I bought it from who dropped it and cracked the necks paint, but not the wood fortunatly.hence why I got it so cheap.

When I received the guitar its action was a bit high, but fortunately this was solved with the help of one slotted screw driver.the fretboard was smooth and flawless especially when oiled up with some fast frets.all the available knobs and selectors were absolutely solid and without problem.the finish of the guitar neck and body was unmatchable for the money. It has a very high gloss body and thin and smooth fretboard.

I bought the guitar of one of my brothers friends who had been playing in a band for a while, so he bought an ESP which I wish I could own but I was on a small budget, and after purchasing the guitar I was shocked to find, it really had alot to offer.the guitar has really been purely designed for metal hence why it is mick thompson's signature guitar(lead guitarist of slipknot).be it from the jumbo frets, thick strings, which a capable of going much lower than just drop c.or the sound that is boosted from the awesome v7 and v8 pickups, that can deliver a very powerful and heavy sound, but also being able to play stuff that is more relaxed with no problems. Its hardware is top class, the fine incroment tuners on a Floyd Rose bridge give a presice adjustment exspecially whith the guitar locked down at the top.

rhino0909
    Jawkster wrote: knotslip wrote: what pickups does it have. nd r they passives or actives active V7s
    their passive i think you will find!