RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

I play lead in a punk rock band, and so far this guitar has given me everything I've ever wanted (and more) for the job. It's sound quality is pretty good, and i don't have any feedback problems. The sound is pretty full when it's distorted, but I find that if I put it on a clean channel, I have to turn up the volume to get a complete sound. The tremolo arm is an excellent add on, and even better, it's not fixed, so when it's not in use it swings down and hangs so as not to be a nussiance when playing.

Basically, for punk rock, this is the best guitar I've used thus far. 8 years playing experience, and I haven't seen a better model. Running it through my RP50 effects processor, I discovered I could get a wider range of sounds after playing with the different amp/cab models. Excellent guitar.

So far, this guitar has suited my abuse pretty well. It's survived a live show (we've only done one, we're a new band and don't even have a name yet) and the hardware hasn't given yet. The finish seems indestructable. It's been scratched at with chains, safety pins, zippers, picks, and anything else that might be hanging from my clothes, and so far it hasn't got a scratch on it.

Perfect, that's all I have to say... Perfect.

I got this guitar about a year ago, and so far, it hasn't f*cked up on me. It's a 24 fret, laminated top, RG. No super special features, except for the tremolo arm. It's pretty much stripped down to barebones configuration. Two pickups, 3-way selector, and volume/tone controls. Everything is really simple in it's makeup. But the simplicity is what makes it so great.