RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

It has great sound especially with a good set of strings. I run it through a small Crate 10w but sounds even better on my friends frontman 15w. It is great for metal and thrash. It has a bright sound but can go really low and mellow as well. I'm thinkind about coupling it with a good pedal to get better sound ranges.

This is a great guitar and easily matches up with my SG I would like I said fix the springs but this is no reason not to buy this guitar I would keep it even if the springs broke every month. If it were stolen I would definately buy another, maybe two.

It is very reliable and would last and be good for shows the only problem is like I said the bridge but also the finish on the fretboard can wear off and become much lighter but you can fix this with a little polish.

It was set up great by the factory and had no flaws, except for my incident. The only really bad problem is the bridge. I would recommend not taking all of the strings off at once but I don't know if it would help. The problem is the springs which attatch to the bridge stretch out after going through some stress. I corrected this problem by cutting the springs to make them smaller and thus more tense but I suppose a new set of springs would help. This seems to be a problem with all the RG120's I have seen including my friend's and the used one I saw at guitar center.

I don't know where it was made or in what year but I got it at a very good price in a package a guy made for me at guitar center. It has 24 frets and a rosewood fret board. It has a very nice body with almost no flaws except for a chip I made when I bashed it off my SG (d'oh) which by the way didn't leave a scratch on my SG. It has a nice metallica candy cherry red finish and two black humbuckers and black hardware.