RG120 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Ibanez: RG120

Purchased from: Marks Guitar

This is a good guitar for rock and roll and is great for beginners because of its low price and good quality. I am using a Marshall 10 Watt amp with a whammy bar and overdrive. This can make pure noises for more traditional music or distortion for great rock.

I play rock and this guitar matches it very well. I have only been playing about five months and don't have any accesories other that things like stands and musice books. If it was stolen of lost I would probably get the same guitar. The only thing I don't like about it is that I wish it had a single pickup in between the humbuckers to play lighter things better.

Everything on it is solid and will hold up to live performace if you do. This guitar appears that it will last forever as long as you don't abuse it. The finish doesn't wear and I would feel confident using this guitar at a gig without a backup.

This was set up well and everything went well with eachother. The only flaws were some minor scratches.

The guitar is made in Indonesia and has 24 frets. The body is not wood so it is fairly heavy for a guitar. It has a metallic red paint with metal flake in it (this looks rerally cool in the sun). The body style is the traditional Ibanez RG series body whish is like a modified Strat. It has two humbucker pickups and offers fairly good sound quality. I got this used in near perfect condition with a gig bag at this price. Brand new it is around $150.00 and the gig bag is valued at $20.00.