RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

The guitar suits my style very well as I like to play a lot heavier stuff. I play it through a 120 watt Behringer V-Ampire amp and the possibilities are endless. I also use a DigiTech multi effect pedal which make this a very diverse sounding guitar. I get very faint buzzing when its idle but other than that I get no stray sounds or interference.

Overall this guitar is awesome and suits my needs perfectly. If I had a chance to go back and ask questions and get more intl on this guitar I think I still would have chosen it. If this guitar was lost I would definately go buy another one especially for the price. I played on my friends SG and the RG had way better sound quality than the SG so it's definately my choice. I would recommend this guitar for anyone that doesnt want to spend a lot of money for good quality.

I have played it live before and it did really well and being my only good working guitar I had to depend on it and it help up. The hardware is actually really good for the price paid and I have no problems with it. The finish is good and hasnt begun to fade yet.

The finish on this guitar was amazing when I got it. The dark blue paint with the black hardware really set it off. It has really good action and was easy to play from the start. The only problem I can say with the guitar is that the neck pick up screws came loose the first time I started to actually play it.

This has 24 jumbo frets which I like because of my longer fingers. It has a nice finish to it besides the fact that I got a feww scratches on it from my studded belt. I got it in the Jewel Blue finish and it looks nice. The Strat-like body is alright and its fairly heavy which I also like. I dont like the tremolo syste because it always knocks out of tune so I kind of retired that idea. The dual hums on this guitar are awesome I have played some heavy metal to rock, to some softer stuff with no problems. it has a 3 way selecter and 1 tone and volume knob not much for customization there.