RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

This guitar suits any style of music really. I like playing a little bit of classic rock, metal, and blues. The different sounds you can get out of these pickups are amazing. I use a Line 6 spider 2 75 watt amp. For effects I use an acoustic simulator, Boss DS-1 Distortion, and a small clone analog chorus. There is a huge variety of sounds you can make with this guitar, from a mellow blues sound all the way up to a twangy country sound.

I like playing a little bit of classic rock, metal, and blues. This guitar is a great match to any style of music. I have been playing guitar for 5 years. I own another rg 120, a yahama acoustic, and a Line 6 Spider 2 75 watt amp. For effects I use an acoustic simulator, Boss DS-1 Distortion, and a small clone analog chorus. There is nothing I wished that I had asked before buying this guitar, it was basically all self explanatory. If my guitar was stolen or lost I already have another one so I think I would be fine, except for some minor withdrawls. The thing about this guitar that I love the most is the action, it is just extremley good. There is nothing about this guitar that I hate. The things that I wish this guitar had are locking tuners, and floyd rose bridge.

This guitar is very good in live playing, and has already been through a number of gigs. The hardware on this guitar seems like it will last forever, it was machineds and fit very well. The strap buttons are solid. This guitar is extremely dependable, I have played this guitar through all my gigs and my backup guitar is the same exact model. The finish was applied great and has yet to wear down.

The guitar is set up extremely well at the factory, and the action on this guitar is just perfect. It is low but not low enough to cause any fret buzz. The only flaw on this guitar is that the pickups come unscrewed from the brace that holds them up.

hippieking24
    i'm commenting for the sake of commenting. plus, my ravioli told me if i didn't comment on the rg120 i can quote " burn in hell"
    pwn
    i just got the RG120 and its my second guitar. my first is a fender strat and i like the 120 better. its a lil lighter that the strat and a lot easier to play because the strings are a lot closer to the fret board. its not the best guitar for playing clean but im in a punk rock band and its perfect for what we play.
    justinR951
    this guitar isn't that great... i got it and the pickups got all loose and look like they're about to fall out... don't play any shows with this guitar. MAYBE use it as a backup if you want. and the sound isn't that great either... my peavey patriot is alot better