RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

I play mainly power metal music with my band and when the EMGs were installed the guitar lost all hum it had with the INF pickups and became a superb instrument. I not only use it now for my band but I also for my school's jazz band with it now attaining the sound I wish to achieve. Great tone!

The only place this guitar would not fit in perfectly would be blues because try as I might I cannot attain that bluesy Strat tone from this guitar. It has a very deep sound to it, especially with the EMG pickups, that is prefect for all kinds of rock all the way to extreme death metal. I wish the guitar had locking tuners and/or a floyd rose system so the whammy would not Drive it so far out of tune though. I recommend this guitar to anyone on a tighter budget being the fairly inexpensive guitar it is. I also highly recommend installing EMG pcikups in this and/or alike guitars for the quality of tone went from average to amazing when they're installed. Thanks for your time, hope this helps someone!

I have and will again next week use this guitar to play Live and as long as you don't frequently dive on the bar it stays in tune nicely. All the hardware and equipment are very dependable and I was highly impressed by this fairly cheap instrument to be put together so nicely. I definetly can depend on this guitar.

The action was set fine when I purchased this guitar but even before I replaced the pickups the INFs were not close enough to the strings to provide a sensitive tone. Everything was in place though and all controls are put together nicely.

I recently purchased an Ibanex RG120 from Guitar Center's grand opening in Lexington, KY. I got it on sale for a cool $99 but most run around $200-250. It has 24 frets with a rosewood wizard II neck. The body is made of agathis with two humbuckers; the stock INF3 and INF4. I found the humbuckers to be effective but had much gain and not sensitive at all so I replaced them with active Zakk Wylde EMGs. After I swapped the pickups I found the sound to be superb. The Standard tremelo is nice but it falls out of tune quite frequently. That and the stock pickups are the only falters.

Blink182pwns
    It seems like a good guitar for the price it's at, I've been shoping around for something cheap but something good to, this may be my solution... I hear a lot of different veiws on the sound though... some say clean is better and some say the distortion is better =\
    TheDisturbed78
    i think its a good guitar but the only thing that bothers me is that it comes out of tune alot, and that doesnt even bother me that much
    dumbassclan
    i have this guitar and its suited me well. im only using a 10 wat marshal and a grundge pedal.and im still amazed at the sound it gets.