RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

I was very impressed with the sound when I play it. I use a 15 Watt Line 6 Spyder III, which isn't the best amp out there, but it still gives this guitar an amazing sound. You can play anything from blues to metal on it, so the options are virtually limitless. If I'm trying to learn a new song, no matter what style it is, the RG-120 will contort to the sound, and do a good job of it. The sound on this guitar does not disappoint.

I play generally hard rock, but if there's anything else I need to play, the Ibanez RG120 will suit it. I've been playing for about 5 years now, so I know a good sound from a bad one. And this is a good sound. If it were stolen or lost, I would definetaly buy it again, because I love it to death. I love the variety of styles it can play, and the floating tremolo for tuning. I have yet to find a flaw with it. Great for an intermediate player.

This guitar can take a beating. I've hit it against walls, cielings, and many other things (don't ask why I'm so violent with it) and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. If you're rough with your instrument, than this is a plus for you, because it can take a beating. I've had it for about half a year now, and it still sounds pretty much like the day I bought it. If you're worried about it crapping out on you at a gig, don't. It will last you. I'm doing a gig shortly, and I feel very relied upon by my guitar.

I bought the guitar off of the rack at the store, so it wasn't in a box. It was already tuned. I've tuned it to different settings a few times, and one of few problems with it is that tuning can be a bit tedious with it. Everything is set up nicely, and I have had no problems with it thus far, with the exception of a very rare de-tuning.

Well, after a few years with a Squire Strat, I wanted a new guitar. I didn't have a lot of money, so upon looking at websites for a good price, I found this. I am very pleased with my desision. Despite not being the best money can buy, it'll still keep you happy for a good long while. It's a 24 fret guitar, laminated top, with an opage body of either red, black, or white. You have the choice of volume, treble, bass, and distortion on your guitar. It has 2 pickups, and a floating tremolo, making tuning a hell of a lot easier. All you get is the guitar, so if you're just starting, and you can only spend about 300 for everything, keep looking. If you're an intermediate player, or a pro just looking for another guitar to have, get it.

redSG
    It seems like a bunch of monkeys wrote these reviews. "Pointy Strat"? WTF? This is the RG body style, not a pointy strat. Not made out of wood? LOL. And it's a Floyd Rose Original style floating bridge, liscensed under Ibanez, so it isn't really a Floyd, but still kickass. It won't come out of tune if you give it a good pullback after divebombing. GREAT guitar. Perfect for customizing.
    RG 120
    This really is Quite nice it was my first single purchased instrument /\/\ ____
    Krauser
    I purchased the RG120 in red (which may I add, does not look like the red shown in the pictures) and I could not be more pleased with it. Of course its not as great as many 600+ dollar guitars but for the price, it rivals some 400+ ones. It is very well built, like a rock, and the neck is unbeleivably fast. The tuners are good and as long as you are easy on the whammy, it stays in tune very nicely. I could not be more happy with this. I am running it through a Roland Cube 20X (amazing amp btw) and I am later planning on throwing a Seymour Duncan SH6 Duncan Distortion in the bridge. All in all, excellent guitar!