RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

Purchased from: The Music House

This guitar is great for Metal and Hard Rock which is great because taht's mostly what I play. I play on different Marshall amps and the combination is perfect for Metal. The clean with this guitar is average. In my opinion it sounds best when you set the seletor the the neck pick up because it gives it a very warm tone. I don't like the bridge pickup setting it sounds way too poppy for me.

As I have stated before this guitar is great for Metal and Hard Rock and sounds good with punk and grunge songs aswell. If this one broke or were lost I would defintily replace it. The slim neck is great for quick playing and it's simple to use with a great tone. As I said there are some features which would make it a lot better (locking tuners and more tone control) But this is a great guitar for beginners and long time palyers!

I have dropped this guitar countless times and it still runs as good as the day I got it. The hardware is reliable and Looks as if it could last another year and a half at the least. The strap buttons are in a great position and were screwed on nice and tight. I would defintily depend on this for a gig.

It is a very strongly built guitar. There were a few dents and scratches but I bought used so that explains it. The action was the best I've seen so far and I used it as a starting point when I changed the action on my Esteban. I didn't find any flaws and it ran great!

I got this little number fromt his small shop my girlfriends friend runs. It's Japanese amde and it's great in my opinion. It has 24 frets on a thin fretboard which is great for quick solos. When you get to about the 21st fret they are a little bit small (or my fingers are really big! ) but with practice you can find the right spot to hit it. There is a three way selector and two knobs for tone and volume. You can have a whammy bar if you go out and but one. The problem with this is it becomes untuned if you do divebombs or just use it for a period of time (The quickest it's become detuned for me was two songs) I would have liked locking tuners and more knobs for more options but I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

jrezo757
    I got one with this sick ass paint job it sweet i thinking bout add a switch to it like tom morello did his fender an i might add some new pick ups i just going to trick the whole thing out am i crazy for doing it ?
    ibanezrocker19
    Well i have the same guitar and it really is a nice ass metallic red color and it has nice pick ups for being stock and it jamms pretty nice i say the RG120 is nice and yes it is made in INDONESIA please read the back of your guitar man if u say u know so much
    ibanezrocker19
    and i payed 150 for mine and i say it worth more and its nice and im gunna add some new to mine as well and no your not crazy for doing it Jrezo do it it will only play better if its right
    Zubier_Abd
    im stuck between buying this guitar and an epiphone goth les paul. what do you think i should get? im mostly going to cover alternative bands like RHCP and incubus but maybe some metal songs later. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    NeonRevolations
    I'm getting me one of these in the near future. I love how they play and they give an awesome presence. I don't care what anyone says ,I love these guitars.
    anthrax1214
    i paid like 90 bucks for this guitar and it is alright... the best thing about mine is that it came with a custom paint job when i got it. it is a skull surrounded by flames... my other guitar is a rare takamine gx-100tb electric. i like it a lot more. it is an explorer shape, i like explorer shapes more than strat shapes, you have an arm rest