RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

Purchased from: eBay

I play a lot of Metalcore, Post-Hardcore, and Screamo music, so this guitar fits all genres. I have this paired with a Line 6 Spider IV 15 Watt amplifier. It's not noisy in the least, even when I have a large amount of distortion on the guitar, it doesn't give me a large amount of feedback. It has a Rich sound, especially with my custom Insane Settings. The neck is very flat and since it has jumbo fets, you don't have to press down on the strings as hard. But overall, the guitar is very good. It doesn't matter what genre of music you play.

The guitar is perfect for the genre I play. It is reliable, easy to play, and very nice. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants an Ibanez RG without burning a whole in your pocket. It is a nice addition to my collection of Ibanez guitars. Buy it now!

I don't play in a band, so I wouldn't know if the Guitar can withstand a live performace, but I have a feeling you would be able to play through a show without having a back up. The hardware seemed like it would last a long time and the strap buttons are very sturdy. I have never had a problem with them. The finish will last a long time. Since mice has a glossy black finish, most scratches are more noticable than on a white finish, but overall, it won't wear off.

Since the guitar was used, it had dust in a couple places, plus the body is covered in swirl scratches, but they're not noticable unless you are looking at it very closely. The action was perfect when it arrived. No buzzing on any of the frets. The pickups were set up nicely and sound great. The volume knob is a little sticky when turning it, but It's not a huge problem. The pickup selector doesn't give off a lot of noise. Since it is not a Double-Locking tremelo bridge, then the tremelo bar can easily fall out and I have huge trouble doing dive bombs. But the guitar does stay in tune for a long time.

I bought the guitar used from some guy on eBay. The guitar was originally made in Indonesia. I has a flat, thin RG maple Neck with 24 jumbo frets and a Rosewood fingerboard. The body is made of Agathis wood with a Laminated Top. Slightly heavy as opposed to a Basswood body, but I don't feel much of a difference. It has a FAT20 Floating Tremelo Bridge, Infinity pickups, 1 Volume Knob, 1 Tone Knob, and a 3-way pickup selector. My purchase came with a gig bag, a cable, and 4 picks.

PowerTab1.04
    You must not understand the mecahnics of playing a guitar. If you are striving for something lighter, then you should by a distortion pedal. That sounds odd because distortion is used in heavier playing, but pedals like this, when used, can be adjusted to play more "classic rock" sounds. I have a BOSS Overdrive and a BOSS Distortion pedal(s) that I use on a dilay basis that make playing any sound easy. I would recommend getting a pedal if you want to change the mechanics and sounds of your playing. Just remember to get another cable because the guitar needs one to plug IN to the pedal and the pedal needs one to plug OUT to the amp. But overall, great review.