RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

Purchased from: Crazy Dave's music pawn

This guitar strangely besides it bad pick ups can sound very good at times. I play pretty much everything on the rang of classic rock to trash and some grunge I use a Peavey Rage 158 it's strong spot is heavy rhythm guitar specially in drop D. The guitar is versatile but not good in just some situations like if you want Led Zeppelin forget it.

Will in the search for the best budget guitar this wins in IMO. It plays metal the best I would say the guitar is a pretty good match with me I my favorite thing is the neck. The thing I hate is the pick ups. If it were stolen I would buy a better guitar but I would miss it. This is best budget guitar out there compared to the affinity squires and the low end Epiphones I would recommend it to any player who is looking for there first electric but more experienced player may turn there nose up to never the less I plan on modding it a bit.

I have mixed feeling for this section while the guitar feels like you could use it as a axe and chop down a tree with it I have had a few problems with it. Like the tuning peg for the D string had some buffer fall now it seems like you need to wind it more ween restringing, the bridge pick has problems I kept having with the height adjustment scew fallout I'm just buying a new pick up anyways. I would gig with this why not its a great guitar. The strap buttons are ok with a new strap you won't have a problem. I love the finish it has a few scratches but not from me I don't know how you can even leave a scratch on it the stuff like burned on there.

Well since I bought it used a never got the factory set up but the guitar tech should get fired that all I can say. Any problem I've had I fixed the action can get very low there is a slight fret buzz on the low E string every so often but never transfers to the amp the hard is in pretty good condition The frets were fine.

This guitar was made in Asia some where I was able to trace its birth day to some where between 06-08. The RG has a agathis body in the RG body style with a red flake paint scheme, It has a maple neck/rosewood fretboard this is the best part about the guitar the neck is amazing nice thin and fast but the down fall of this guitar is the hard ware and electronics the pick ups are INF humbuckers most dull boring pick ups ever they are pretty HOT but very dull sounding. The worse part about this guitar is the fat 20 bridge it like a Strat style so no locking hence out of tune and it pain in the a&$ to get proper intonation.

MaggaraMarine
    alarosa3 wrote: I've noticed that other people than myself have had trouble with string buzz especially on the lower frets and the low E string on the Ibanez RG120. I was wondering how people have fixed this problem. I'm getting to the point where I want to buy heavier strings to try to fix this. Any help on this would be awesome.
    Truss rod adjustment, have you tried? Or then you have too low action. But remember to first adjust the truss rod (you want your neck not to be completely straight, it should be a bit bowed) and then action. If the truss rod is adjusted properly, you can have the lowest possible action.