RG120 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG120

Purchased from: guitars center

My current amp is a Line 6 Spider IV 75 I believe works great tons of great effects about a 300$ or 400$ amp. Plan on swapping to a half stack Line 6 not sure what one. But I plan on getting my EMGs first. With the stock humbuckers the guitar produces great sound not all there for what I'm looking for but I've grown out of that tone and looking for bigger and better. String wise, I use the Zakk Wylde's. By the way I plan on getting the ZW EMGs because those are the songs I mostly cover. BUT the solos are pretty difficult. Sound is great, not much string rattle but not hearable through the amp very well made guitar!

I just want to thank you guys for your reviews which is mostly what convinced me on this great guitar! I've been playing for probably 3 years but I've been getting serious about it about a year ago! If I had to buy a guitar with 300 I would buy this one, if I had to upgrade I'd go to a Dean razorback or the ZW Les Paul Custon but hey that's my dreams! This guitar is truly what I was looking for I would recommend it to anybody!

I've banged it up truthly but if you were to see it you would never notice a scratch. Sadly I baught the white one making it easy to get dirty but also gives me opertunity to bring the value up by getting a killer paint job on it! As a matter of fact I would like you guys to give me some ideas on a paint job I was thinking maybe like a solid 2 tone or spending real money for some ART work done to it?

Well I didn't order it directly from factory, but I'm sure guitar center checks over there guitars. My tone knob is just a little loose nothing major. Perfectly tuned when bought no rust, no loose pegs, perfectly edged not sharp nut saddle is perfectly set/fitted. Perfectly routed bridge up to no problems with this guitar!

When I bought this Ibanez it came as itself not a gig bag but I already had a hardshell. It is a 24 fret perfect for lead pending on what kind of music in my case(metal, rock) although when I was looking to buy a new guitar I wanted a solid not a bolt on neck BUT this one has no movement VERY solid, the neck is straight, shockingly I have banged it up a few times. The body which I don't believe is wood gives a thicker heavier weight BUT very great sound. I do believe I paid maybe just a little bit too much but I think it was worth every penny. Stays in tune, even when being handled often. there's only one thing I don't like about the guitar, THE DAMN PICKUPS I personally don't like humbucker, there good for beginners but the tone/sound I'm looking for from sharp highs to crunchy lows aren't all there the one modification I would make to switch to 81 85s EMGs, ZW or JH etc you choice! Over all great guitar!