RG140 Roadstar II review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG140 Roadstar II

Rock, most definitely rock, like every person on here really. It just goes well with the songs like Iron Man by Black Sabbath and ones like Smoke on the Water, which you could say those songs go with any electric guitar, just examples. Rich sound, clean, sort of fulfilling. I need a new Amp, some girl sold it on Ebay. Clean sounding. Has a rich sound, like it's happy to be here. You can compare to some of the more expensive guitars, it's absolutely worth having if that gets the point across.

I've been playing since last Christmas, but I'm a pretty fast learner when it comes to music. I own a Johnson blue acoustic, which hurts my fingers like the devil my fingers aren't tough but I love the damn thing, it makes the loudest, or softest, sounds. I also own a drum and a Marimba set. Yea I wish I would had asked the owner why the hell did she put stickers on it. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy me another Ibanez just because I like their style, but the same one? Probably not, they have ones out there I'd love to have. Favorite feature the neck. Wish it had an Epiphone black Strat look to it, that would be freakin awesome.

Hell yea it'll stand live playing. It's about a two year old guitar, hardly ever played by previous owner, and yea I had to get the strings replaced but other than that and the stupid stickers the person stuck on it, it's extremely powerful. Oh if you need to get stickers off of it, (just in case, you never know) rub some cleaner on it, sort of like windex and wood polisher, it came right off, you can't even tell there ever was any. That would had been handy months ago. I would definitely use it without a backup, man this guitar is like the bomb, even without my Amp, you can still hear it loud and clean. Bloody brilliant.

Since I didn't buy it brand new, but the girl never played it, so like I said I doubt she would ever realize something was wrong with it, the wood is great it's maple wood and it has a fine texture to it, like what hardwood floor has type. The tuning pegs tick me off sometimes, you can't set it up against anything without un-tuning it which is why a guitar stand comes in handy. Controls fit fine, besides the tuning pegs it's in perfect working order.

I actually bought this guitar from a friend at school, she amazedly didn't play it like most kids Who never wanted one but has one anyways which amazes me. I did some back ground work on it and apparently it was made in Japan and I think it's and 87'. It has 22 frets which is a big relief compared to my acoustic, and it has the perfect neck, it doesn't widen toward the end and the frets are evenly cut, you fingers just graze it and it makes the most wonderful sound. Especially when C chord and a chord without the Amp on, my god it's like better than doing anything else. Five way selector which is unique if your trying out new stuff, and Tap and a volume knob. Not sure what type of tuner I have, I tune it by ear using my acoustic and that works well for me.

Gibson_Rocker13
    this is the original joe satriani model that ibanez produced in the 80s then they stopped and reiisued it as a sig guitar. my neighbour has one and its one ****ing amazing guitar
    flyingmarlin
    Tom Morello uses one as his back up to his famous " Arm the Homeless" guitar, I would buy it.
    dale-banez
    epiphone made some strats back in the mid 80's, they looked pretty much like your standard H/S/S fender strat but with more of a jackson-style pointy headstock
    deibanez
    deibanez wrote: HEY i met that guitar. he's a good boy alright.
    get off my account YANO lol.