RG1451 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1451

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play many different styles of music and this guitar fits all of them. I play it through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with an Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah pedal. It has amazing sustain which I think has a great deal to do with the tight-end bridge. The pickups that come on this are amazing. They are very deep in the Bridge and bridge/single coil position without being muddy what'soever. I love the coil tap being in the toggle switch. The bridge/single coil and neck/single coil position both split the humbucker so that you play with the single coil and the inside coil of the humbucker.

As I said before I play all kinds of different styles of music and this guitar is great for all of them. I've been playing for about 6 1/2 years now. I play through my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier half stack and Ibanez Toneblaster Combo amp. If it were stolen I would definitely get another. I have played many different brands of guitars and Ibanez is definitely one of the best and this guitar is one of the best from Ibanez.

You should never play without a backup cause breaking a string is always a possibility. This guitar could take a beating. Everything on this guitar could take any abuse you could ever put it through and then some. I've worked at a music store for quite awhile doing repairs on guitars and I've seen that a common need of repair are the strap button screws stripping out. I have had to fix that on mine but its a very easy fix. Simply put a couple toothpicks in the hole and screw the screw in and remove any extra.

Straight out of the box the action was decent but for me I needed to lower the action. I do that with all guitars though because I do a lot of lead and I like to have it as close to the fretboard as possible. Usually you can get it low enough to where there is fret buzz when playing unplugged but it doesn't come through the amp. As far as pickups, I didn't adjust anything. The height was great, the poles didn't need adjusted. There were absolutely no flaws with the guitar.

This guitar is a 2010 Japanese made RG prestige. It has 24 frets on a 5 piece maple/walnut neck. The scale length is 25.5". As with most RG series guitars it has a basswood body. It has Ibanez's tight-end Bridge which is great. No sharp edges, low profile, and overall is very comfortable to play on. It has a H-S-H configuration with Ibanez's V6F in both the Bridge and neck position and their RTS single coil in the middle.

AsOneIStand
    I've never done a review so maybe you can explain something to me... Is there a section that talks about what you would do if someone stole the particular piece of gear? I'm just wondering because it seems to be on every review.
    JustLikeMe
    Yes, the question is "If it were stolen / lost, would you buy it again or get something else?"
    DimebagZappa
    Good review. I personally would like to know how the Wizard Prestige necks feel, but cant hold that against you. Weird seeing prestiges w/o trems still.
    Highelf04
    The^Unforgiven
    Highelf04 wrote: Did you get a prestige case with it? As a friend of mine bought one, and (even though it's a presitge model) he didn't get a case
    The RG1451 is, IIRC, the only prestige line guitar that doesn't include the prestige deluxe hardshell case, it does, however, come with a gigbag. I like this guitar a lot. I tried it out in a store when I was buying a new guitar, through a god damn Mesa Road King combo, and the tone was just... wow. Completely changed my opinion on Ibanez being bad with stock pickups. However, I chose the SV5470F as my main axe - we're still together and very much in love. I just liked the playability and the overall feel more with the SV, but still, the Rg1541 is a banging guitar.