RG150DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG150DX

Price paid: C$ 400

Purchased from: Bobs Music

This guitar has great sound both old metal and clear classical sounds. I use this guitar on a Mustang I practice amp and even with that is sounds pretty good. I use the Fender Fuse software to download and create my own unique sounds. This guitar works for a variety of music types.

Overall I think this is a great guitar for beginners to intermediate. It's a great guitar to play, the action is just right to play those fast solos. I would prefer different pickups and smoked grey chrome knobs. But other than that the ability to play well was just right.

This guitar is great with changing conditions. The maple neck really holds to right amount of humidity and after owning mine for almost a year, the neck hasn't really changed. The only thing was when I put the heavier gauge of strings on, it pulled the bridge forward a bit but nothing happened, the strings were just closer to the fret board.

Surprisingly the action was unbelievable. It was a quick guitar for the kind of music I play (metal, Death metal). The neck was straight, no warping, medium frets. The body has a double cut in making soloing easy. There were a couple chips in the pickguard when I took off the plastic

It has a basswood body and a GRG1 maple neck. It has 24 medium frets, 3 pickups (2 double 1 single) a fat 10 bridge with tremolo bar. And my favourite, the chrome pickguard. The body is a pearl white, with a chrome bridge and black knobs. It also has an ebony fretboard.

marcwormjim
    "when I put the heavier gauge of strings on, it pulled the bridge forward a bit but nothing happened, the strings were just closer to the fret board." And also your intonation went way out of whack because you don't know how to set up a guitar, yet felt qualified to write a nine-point review.
    90sMetal-Head
    acctually no, they had the intonation "out of wack" and i changed it all when i used the heavier guage. ur not the only one who knows what there talking about
    marcwormjim
    Gotcha. The original review didn't give the impression that "intonation" was the only word you could spell.
    90sMetal-Head
    i actually work part-time as a repair tech at a guitar store, so its my job to take care of that stuff for them.